1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The OCUK mining pool - Details and Quickstart guide in first post (Back mining ETN)

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by Frozennova, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Clav

Wise Guy

Looks good, count me in!

2. Zairs

Wise Guy

would it better to do an ETN wallet as we would be mining it so easier and cheaper to tip?

3. ubersonic

Capodecina

Websites down but the X11 pool is up (atm, has been up and down a lot since Nicehash died).

4. mattpc

Mobster

Good idea!

5. silversurfer

Capodecina

Pay in blackcoin would be cheap, fast and easy (or whatever crypto is similarly that flexible, ETH is too expensive) to avoid the troubles of transaction fees discouraging people from keeping their own wallets. Bad idea to have any centralisation of value seems to be repeated failure we keep seeing.

6. Psycho Sonny

Capodecina

thing with ETN is as soon as the ICO wallets are released the profit is going to plummet rapidly.

it's a mine and dump token. then re-buy after the dump if you want to hold.

it's not got long term viability for mining. so you would need a backup up in place for when ETN is back on it's feet.

7. Psycho Sonny

Capodecina

All sounds good. Plus the low fee may encourage those who will lose out in terms of profit on the other side.

6PM tonight. I should be home by then. I have several rigs to configure so my hashing power won't all come online at once.

Will need to setup a wallet, etc too.

8. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

maybe FrozenNova is the hacker who stole our BTC from nicehash and he is going to rinse and repeat here at OcUK!

P.S. Maybe not... but fun story none the less.

9. Psycho Sonny

Capodecina

if it's as simple as this and this covers everything then it should be added to the first post.

does this miner work on CPU's and GPU's? work with multiple different GPU's, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

10. Uncle_Gravy

Mobster

If i wasn't still a "basement dweller" still with his parents and had control of the electric bill, I would of given this a go as my first proper mining experience, would of used a spare system to contribute x5660, 980 and 6850, Don't think my old man would be impressed with the larger than normal bill :p

11. Frozennova

Sgarrista

I'd already be on a beach somewhere if it was me
    I'll write full guides for getting your wallet setup and your miners going a bit later on :)

I appreciate the concerns with the incoming ICO for ETN. It's something I considered, it will be a quick dip of our toes into things, once we know how many miners we have etc we can reconsider out options

12. Zairs

Wise Guy

Just be upfront with what you are doing and pay what the system is drawing

13. mattpc

Mobster

Indeed, my wife pays the electricity bill so I just told her I'm using x amount of electricity so will pay you y every month to cover that cost. This avoids her getting a massive electricity bill after the meter reading and going ballistic about the "stupid computer".

14. wedrum

Mobster

so is there no way the makers of the bitcoin can find the wallet with 64m in it ?

15. Zairs

Wise Guy

Me too, she thinks im nuts :D The nicehash incident didnt help
    I'm currently showing her really large mining rigs so when I build an average one she will be pleased it isnt as big :D

16. Yevgeny

Gangster

I have a single 1080 here and would like to join :)

17. ubersonic

Capodecina

Cryptonight mining is really simple, especially with an AMD card, if you have an RX or a Vega you can just download the cast_xmr miner and it's as simple as typing (or running from a batch file):

cast_xmr-vega -G 0 -S [serveraddress]:[serverport] -u [username] -p [password]

18. Armageus

Don

or claymore's cryptonight miner:

NsGpuCNMiner.exe -o [serveraddress]:[serverport] -u [username] -p [password]

19. Uncle_Gravy

Mobster

Could try that, Not sure how to work out how much extra i'm contributing to the bill, Going by British Gas's electricity taraff for my area which is 14.66p per kWh, how much do we reckon an x5660, 980 and 6850 running 24/7 for a month would cost?

20. ubersonic

Capodecina

Could just get a wattmeter, they are like £5-10, plug it into a socket, plug a power strip into it and it will tell you the energy usage, cost, etc of everything connected.