The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
There's a lot of overthinking about intentions.
If you really like the look of her - give her the benefit of the doubt.
If you weren't that fussed but thought it was worth a shot/had nothing better to do - don't bother.

Soldato
There's a lot of overthinking about intentions.
If you really like the look of her - give her the benefit of the doubt.
If you weren't that fussed but thought it was worth a shot/had nothing better to do - don't bother.

I'd be more into the first category. She seems pleasant and genuine when we are texting so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Soldato
I agree with Tefal here, but at the same time I would be the one asking to reschedule the second I found out she had a party the night before. I don't like being in a "maybe" situation so would have arranged something else for myself to do until I could get a definite yes out of her, at least she had the decency to pre-warn you it was a possibility which is more than can be said for some.

Soldato
Just read back through and I'm with Tefal on this. It's meeting someone off the internet, I don't see what the fuss is about?

Its more about respect and consideration for other people. Doesn't matter if they off the internet or from the local pub.

Reading through this thread, I am glad I have never tried internet dating and I only meet people the old fashioned way. So many time wasters who like to boost their ergo.

Suspended
What a drama over nothing. Typical beta becoming un-hinged and not even had a 1st date yet.

All that should have happened is you said "Ok hotstuff, you have a nice party, and hit me up when you are free and we go and have a great time"

Associate
What a drama over nothing. Typical beta becoming un-hinged and not even had a 1st date yet.
All that should have happened is you said "Ok hotstuff, you have a nice party, and hit me up when you are free and we go and have a great time"

You sound 12, and 'beta' frankly. Whenever she's free you'll come to heel, no questions asked? Sod that. I'd give her another chance (everyone deserves a second chance) but can't be bothered with anyone who wastes my time. Life's way too short for that.

Its more about respect and consideration for other people. Doesn't matter if they off the internet or from the local pub.

This.

Suspended
Wow so many people with no idea...

The point is.... u aint bothered, your busy, you have other stuff going on..so you say... "ok, when you are ready to make a plan let me know" and just get on with your life.

its called being alpha, and being cool, not going "OMG OMG, this girl hasnt responded the way I want, OMG, panic, helpz helpz"

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Sofa King you are making me laugh... not...
He speaks the truth though!

You haven't even met the girl yet. She gave you advanced warning she might not make it. Apologised. Rescheduled. What else is she supposed to do?

You make it sound like she is the only girl in your life. Big deal over nothing.

Soldato
Well you never think it's going to happen to you and wallop. Bombshell dropped this evening. Due to be married abroad this Summer, 7 years down the pan. Caught me completely off guard.

Soldato
Well you never think it's going to happen to you and wallop. Bombshell dropped this evening. Due to be married abroad this Summer, 7 years down the pan. Caught me completely off guard.

No chance to work things out? If this is the first you're hearing about it, then you haven't tried to sort it out as a couple.

Back
Top Bottom