1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mattyprice4004, Apr 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Hades

Capodecina

It sounds like she's mentioning it to remind you that you aren't a couple. As above it feels like she's keeping you as a safe bet until she finds someone she's more interested in. If it were me I'd sit down and talk to her about it. There is no point treading too delicately. You have to be clear in what you want in a relationship. That applies to both parties. Otherwise she's just wasting your time.

2. Toasty

Wise Guy

Devils advocate. If you aren’t a couple I would take that as you are not exclusive, if you are not so bothered about this girl continue to smash while looking elsewhere. If you have feelings for her then best confront as sounds like you are a backup but probably won’t get the answer you are after.

3. CosmicClown

Hitman

oh my god thats so anger inducing.
    I have been on dating sites on and off for a decade.

The BBC spin it to make it look like it only happens to women.

TRUST ME.
    The AMOUNT of womens profiles I've seen over a decade saying 'Only black/mixed race men please' and I would think 'If I did that but for black women I'd probably be labeled as racist' then what do ya know 5 years later the BBC are saying just that LMAO.

BBC are so out of touch with reality.

4. Hades

Capodecina

It's just the start. Once it's deemed racist to be attracted to a certain type then they will start on people fat shaming if they won't date a 16 stone whale with no self control.

5. PermaChanged

Mobster

Excuse me buddy, who are you calling a whale? #metoo #hurtfeels #sensitivesnowflake

6. Trappi$t

Perma Banned

What is annoying is that the whales are taught to "love themselves for who they are", and "body positivity", and "you can be beautiful at any size" etc etc etc ... et. al

Heaven forbid any obese whales actually lose weight and become attractive.

7. CrimsonAvenger

Wise Guy

Been in that situation myself. 12 months is enough to see if it's working out, so either you're a couple or you are not. With hindsight having been in that position before I would force the issue either way. She's either bothered or she's not IMHO.

8. Monkeynut

Soldato

Use the opportunity to not be a couple, get your leg over elsewhere, if she gets upset "but we aren't a couple?"

9. Beasty

Mobster

Yep, make her commit or tell her to "get off the pot"

Women like that tend to get awfully offended if you treat them how they treat you. Been there :p

10. Roar87

Mobster

Do you have so little value for yourself that you're willing to continue seeing a girl who is seemingly too embarrassed to be in a public relationship with you?

Do you expect a woman to be attracted to a man who values himself so little that he's willing to continue seeing her while she won't even be public with their relationship?

Perhaps you should start putting in the same level of care into the relationship that she is. Here's a good bit of advice, don't make anyone your priority if you aren't their priority. That goes for jobs, friends, women and family alike. Conversely, if you are someone's priority, be loyal and make them your priority.

11. Steampunk

Soldato

I tend to agree with everyone above. She keeps telling you she's not willing to make a commitment, which you seem to want. You have to force the issue one way or another, which is probably what she wants. You "prove" that you want her by insisting on becoming a couple officially (whatever that means), or you finish things because she's just not that into you (and is waiting for you to give her an excuse to move on - which she will do sooner or later as she's not committed to the relationship).

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  12. PixieLandGirl

Wise Guy

I think you need to talk to her again & or draw a line in the sand. If after a year she still has issue with people assuming (and why wouldn't they) that you're a couple then something doesn't seem right at all. Maybe she has some reason in her head that makes sense to her but she needs to share what that is with you, & then can decide how you feel about it and possibly discuss it further (if you think it would be beneficial). Otherwise you have to take it at face value, & as an outsider it seems like you are valuing the 'relationship' much more than she is & it's quite disrespectful towards you after that length of time.

If I was you, I'd 100% want to know why me being seen as the other half was such a terrible thing.

Gl :)

13. 413x

Capodecina

Wow a year to live in limbo?
    No way. My gf asked for me to take it slow at the start but after a couple of months we were a couple.
    A year is ridiculous. I think I'd bin her off. Anyone who can't commit after that long isn't on the same page as me (and most people!).
    I don't think id even give her much leway. Its pretty much implicit that after seeing someone for a year you're a couple (unless it's fwb on both sides, which is fine.)

14. Hades

Capodecina

You should build your own life before settling down with someone. What this means is learning to love yourself before you love others. The consequence of this is a personal pride. When you have that you will see that she's not treating you right. Stand up for what you want in this relationship and if she doesn't want the same thing then move on and find someone who does. Good luck.

15. .Lethal

Soldato

I'm a bit taken aback that some of you are suggesting talking to the girl after being dangled by a string for a year. Time to move on IMO.

16. krooton

Capodecina

If you can't "see where it goes" after 3 months, it is going nowhere.

17. XeNoN89

Sgarrista

What's the longest people have taken to go ''all the way' after starting to date someone?

I'm on for a record now. Almost at a month in. We've seen a LOT of eachother over the past month and we always end up all over eachother but she has always stopped us going all the way.

From what I've found out so far she has been messed around before and she hasn't said it herself but I don't think she's been with someone for a long time which I susoect what is causing this. We seem to really like eachother but this is getting really difficult for me now!

18. Terminal_Boy

Soldato

Have you seen her naked? She might be hiding something.

19. tek81

Wise Guy

My ex kept me waiting for 2 months, so she could be sure I wasn't after one thing. It worked. We were together for 8 years and I completely destroyed her for the best part of that. Just wait it out.

20. AHarvey

Sgarrista

If you like her does it matter? Raise it with her beforehand not after she's stopped it, maybe she's scared of being with someone new.