Poll: *** The official 2021 iPad Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

The new M1 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters
Associate
I’m on my second Logitech Combo case for my M1 12.9 as it keeps missing three finger swipe into multitasking and opens search instead, occurs enough to be annoying so am thinking about returning this one as well, anyone else have this case and experience the same ?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Associate
Thanks, yeah I did try macrumours before I sent the original one back (posted in Logitech combo review thread) and no one had reported experiencing the issues I am seeing, thought I’d try here as well.

Associate
So I had the misfortune of locking my MBP at work over the weekend, and turned to my Gen1 iPad Pro to try and do some work on yesterday.

To be honest, I was surprised at how much better it felt than my previous attempts (likely a few iOS versions ago). A big winner was being able to use my Magic Mouse and keyboard. A few changes, but overall relatively intuitive. While some work flows felt clunky compared to the MacOs experience, the majority of the time it was refreshing to mainly have focus on just a single app. No multiple windows or multiple monitors... just a clear task. Now, if I did need to be jumping around between windows to get work done it was a little bit more awkward, but I can see why so many have moved this to their main machine.

I actually think a fair number of my slight frustrations are simply down to the screen space of the 9.7 inch screen and the much slower processor.

Maybe I will treat myself to one of the newer ones (don't even think I would need the M1) and the trackpad keyboards.

Associate
@AyeAyeAhoy!

Currys have the 12.9 Magic Keyboard for £199!

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...pad-pro-12-9-magic-keyboard-10206407-pdt.html

From what I understand you can ask for the difference from John Lewis using their price match up to 28 days after purchase.

https://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/prices-and-payment/never-knowingly-undersold-claim

Thank you!!! I’ve just submitted the request, fingers crossed. £199 for that keyboard is an outright steal compared to the normal price!!

Associate
Associate
What’s the deal with the 12.9 2020 magic keyboard with the M1 most reports I’ve read say it fits fine, some say it’s too tight, some say it’s fine if you don’t have a screen protector, anyone on here got it?

Already got the white one but with all the deals going round fancy the black one as well to swap and change, gutted I gave my old one away now lol

Commissario
OP
Just ordered the base model 11” version for my wife to replace the original iPad Pro she’s currently got. With trade-in, it works out as £600 which is great, especially considering I didn’t pay anything for the old one.

Associate
EE as are taking ages to ship the large capacity 12.9" models. Ordered the 12.9 2TB SG on the 28th May and still waiting :(

My mum ordered the 12.9 256GB SG on EE to replace her old iPad mini 4 on the 25th May and they delivered that yesterday so at least their moving.

Stunning tablet though as I've never used the 12.9" models.

Back
Top Bottom