Poll: *** The official 2021 iPad Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

The new M1 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
okay thank you for that info, i am thinking of an 11 for my daughter, is there a vast differecne between the 11 and the 12.9?

In terms of power, no. The 12.9 vs 11 usually comes down to how portable you want it to be. The 12.9" with a magic keyboard is big, to the point that I think the new M1 MacBook Air is lighter. The 11" is a good device if you taking it out a lot.

Don
Jesus that is some level of overkill!

Not really - it's literally the first thing any visitors to the site see, and will likely run 24/7 until no longer supported by Apple.

The software we use only runs on ios, and it's replaced an older ipad air 2. Have got it mounted on a vesa arm in a "Compulocks" enclosure, and it is a decent upgrade from what we had

Soldato
Not really - it's literally the first thing any visitors to the site see, and will likely run 24/7 until no longer supported by Apple.

The software we use only runs on ios, and it's replaced an older ipad air 2. Have got it mounted on a vesa arm in a "Compulocks" enclosure, and it is a decent upgrade from what we had
I agree.

Loads of places have iPads to sign in and out of. It’s a simple way of having it all recorded and looks the part as well.

I suspect more places will continue to follow suit and it’ll just be companies that get left behind with the traditional sign in and out book.

Soldato
Drawing, sketching, design, portability and giving her an escape, so a pencil will be bought with it.
I am pondering a keyboard to make it into a computer style device, but remain unsure.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Drawing, sketching, design, portability and giving her an escape, so a pencil will be bought with it.
I am pondering a keyboard to make it into a computer style device, but remain unsure.

Since the main purpose is drawing and design I'd say the keyboard isn't really worth while. You won't be able to draw easily on the iPad with it attached so you'd end up removing it. It will still be a good computer replacement without the keyboard, if you don't end up doing a ton of writing. You could just connect a bluetooth keyboard at a desk for occasional use.

You'll need to budget for an Apple Pencil too which are about £119.

Soldato
Hopefully a very silly question but how do i set multiple timers on my ipad? Thought this was a feature of iOS 15 but asking Siri to set any more than one timer results in it asking me if I want to overwrite the one I’ve already set?

Soldato
Hopefully a very silly question but how do i set multiple timers on my ipad? Thought this was a feature of iOS 15 but asking Siri to set any more than one timer results in it asking me if I want to overwrite the one I’ve already set?
Maybe use an app like Alarmy which lets you set multi alarms

Edit: i just searched the app store for "timer" and a few multi timers apps do come up (But i haven't try any of them)

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe use an app like Alarmy which lets you set multi alarms

Edit: i just searched the app store for "timer" and a few multi timers apps do come up (But i haven't try any of them)
Thanks yeah that's an option. Just thought it was now built into the stock clock app with iOS 15 but I can't seem to get it to work

Soldato
Am very surprised at the votes of 35 for 12.9 vs only 13 for the 11"

I was expecting more people to of gone for the 11" size,
Guessing at this size screen most people would just go for the cheaper options of the 10.9 air or 10.2 standard ipads

Last edited:
Soldato
Bigger size makes sense for me as I've ditched laptops for good now. Don't get me wrong the macbooks are nice but they're completely OTT for my needs.

Soldato
Does it wrap around the iPad's bezel in one way or another so there isn't too much pressure on the USB port? The M1 iPad's are thicker so maybe that stops it fitting properly.

Back
Top Bottom