Poll: *** The official 2021 iPad Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

The new M1 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters
Soldato
Ah, 3 days too late - has to be within 28 days and I'm just out now. Never mind - I was happy at £250, so £200 is still great.

£174.50 (at JL) for this keyboard though is an absolute steal.

You would need to buy the correct size magic keyboard, either 11" or 12.9". The 12.9" you do have the option to use the previous version (designed for the 2020) which can be had cheaper and still fits 2021. You don't have this option for the 11".
The 12.9" magic keyboard can be had for £165 - https://www.johnlewis.com/apple-magic-keyboard-for-12-9-inch-ipad-pro/p5003675

Thank you for this! I love my old iPad but the only annoying thing was typing on it. I so nearly bought a MacBook Pro but I don’t like the OS when mainly watching media, reluctantly accepted new iPad pro ticked all the boxes apart from typing. Went to but a smart folio cover from Apple £100 :eek: Thought I’d look on here and see others have done, got reminded about the magic keyboard, then when I saw the price reduction from John Lewis, snapped that up!

genuine thanks, for that. It’s what makes these forums so useful and informative

Associate
Thank you for this! I love my old iPad but the only annoying thing was typing on it. I so nearly bought a MacBook Pro but I don’t like the OS when mainly watching media, reluctantly accepted new iPad pro ticked all the boxes apart from typing. Went to but a smart folio cover from Apple £100 :eek: Thought I’d look on here and see others have done, got reminded about the magic keyboard, then when I saw the price reduction from John Lewis, snapped that up!

genuine thanks, for that. It’s what makes these forums so useful and informative

Brilliant stuff. I really do like that keyboard a lot! It's been a good few months and I wholeheartedly like this whole purchase / setup

Soldato
Another reason not to use Facebook :p
Feels more like a reason not to use an ipad and use something with less bugs like android or MS windows
The magic keyboard also has a bug so seeking doesn't work in youtube & netflix

I never knew apple IOS software was so buggy and specially with some the most used software you can get (i.e facebook, netflix, youtube) :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
I thought it was becuase you can only mirror your screen in and not extend it(or at least not without some software or hardware app/dongle) or has that changed with the latest update. I have a 12.9 but I haven't actually tried this.

Soldato
I thought it was becuase you can only mirror your screen in and not extend it(or at least not without some software or hardware app/dongle) or has that changed with the latest update. I have a 12.9 but I haven't actually tried this.
It while displaying on the ipad screen

There some threads on mac rumours about getting these bugs if you use the magic keyboard
YouTube seeking no longer working with Magic Keyboard | MacRumors Forums
Facebook App crashes when using Magic Keyboard | MacRumors Forums

Man of Honour
Feels more like a reason not to use an ipad and use something with less bugs like android or MS windows
The magic keyboard also has a bug so seeking doesn't work in youtube & netflix

I never knew apple IOS software was so buggy and specially with some the most used software you can get (i.e facebook, netflix, youtube) :eek:

I bought a 12.9" 2021 Apple iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard last week. The keyboard works just fine with YouTube, Netflix & FaceBook.

Having said that the operating system is total *&^% and the worst I have used in a long time.

It's not err very intuitive, thanks for that Apple.

Man of Honour
It's not err very intuitive, thanks for that Apple.

It's not? That's got to be the first time I've ever heard that. The fact that one year olds can pick up an iPhone or iPad, navigate round to apps like YouTube and watch videos, or scroll through photos in the Photos app etc. Obviously this is all helped by the fact its a touch interface, but the gesture controls, layout and general flow of iOS is superb and just makes sense. I'm always blown away at just how well Apple have done at making such a intuitive OS.

Man of Honour
It's not? That's got to be the first time I've ever heard that. The fact that one year olds can pick up an iPhone or iPad, navigate round to apps like YouTube and watch videos, or scroll through photos in the Photos app etc. Obviously this is all helped by the fact its a touch interface, but the gesture controls, layout and general flow of iOS is superb and just makes sense. I'm always blown away at just how well Apple have done at making such a intuitive OS.

One wonders how those one year olds managed to do a search in youtube to find what they want to watch, perhaps they can read and write too.

Don't think so.

Another thing I find pretty useless is the face recognition software, it hardly ever works. Having said that to be fair it is just as useless on Samsung Android phones.

Associate
Been using face id on every iPhone since the X and now on my 2021 iPad pro and it's great. Day or a pitch black night it's ultra rare that it let's me down, and if it does its only when I try to use face id and a very high angle. Face id sometimes is even too fast, many times it's unlocked my phone while quickly placing it down on a stand when I don't want it to.

Touch id has let me down more over the years than face id has

Man of Honour
EDIT - Can't even be bothered actually...

The real question you should have asked me was, What do I think of my Apple iPad Pro?

I really like it.
The screen is fantastic.
The Magic Keyboard is very good.
It is really easy to use.

The only downside is I don't like the operating system but having grown up on MS-DOS, I can get used to almost anything. This is only my personal opinion and I am sure most people would disagree with me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom