Poll: *** The official 2021 iPad Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

The new M1 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters
Soldato
This is a bit of a weird question, but how does the Magic Keyboard for the 11" iPad Pro work when in bed or when you don't have a stable surface to lean on?
Absolutely fine.

I’m sitting in bed now using it to type this message like the lazy bugger I am.

I tend to just angle it slightly differently on my lap so it works better. It’ll stay at any angle you put it at. If sitting on the mattress/duvet it’s fine as well.

Man of Honour
Is now a good time to buy? My 2018 Pro has a broken screen and I figure rather than pay to repair it, I could get the 2021 model. I only really ever watch videos on it so I won't really need an M2. Very seem to have some discount as do Amazon. Any others worth checking? I'd want the 11" 256GB Wifi only model.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is now a good time to buy? My 2018 Pro has a broken screen and I figure rather than pay to repair it, I could get the 2021 model. I only really ever watch videos on it so I won't really need an M2. Very seem to have some discount as do Amazon. Any others worth checking? I'd want the 11" 256GB Wifi only model.

If you can get a good second band deal get an m1 model. Otherwise if buying new, I would wait.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Not sure if you have a Very account but you can get the iPad Pro 11” M1 for £629 with their BNPL offer.

Man of Honour
I do and I’ll probably order tomorrow, thanks. Was already looking at it today. The M1 will be more than enough for my usage, I’d be gutted if they did a redesign though!

Soldato
I'm waiting for the new iPad Pro with M2 (and hopefully MiniLED on the 11" model), but I have a functioning iPad Air now (although with some scratches on the screen). I think a refresh is coming at Q4 this year.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm waiting for the new iPad Pro with M2 (and hopefully MiniLED on the 11" model), but I have a functioning iPad Air now (although with some scratches on the screen). I think a refresh is coming at Q4 this year.

Yea I can see why you’d wait for the M2 iPad, the M1 feels like it’s holding the iPad back :D

Man of Honour
It’s getting the better screen, couldn’t care less about M1/M2, it’s all about the screen. Shame the current 11” doesn’t get the XDR.

Soldato
I love my iPad 12.9" Pro. Main reason I settled on it was the screen size, the M1 chip is a bonus, and way overkill for my needs, but nice to have I suppose..

Soldato
Yea I can see why you’d wait for the M2 iPad, the M1 feels like it’s holding the iPad back :D
A new chip would probably mean at least getting an extra year of software updates down the road. It's not about now, it helps with longevity and resale value.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
But seriously I'm far more excited about MiniLED than an updated chip, although based on rumours we may not get the MiniLED screen on the 11" this generation either.

For my usage the current display is all I need. I never watch HDR content, it’s mostly used for admin tasks and web browsing with the occasional YouTube video thrown in.

Back
Top Bottom