Poll: *** The official 2021 14" and 16" Macbook Pro thread (it has an SD slot and everything!) ***

Will you be buying a new MacBook Pro

• Yes, 14"

Votes: 43 31.9%
  • Yes, 16"

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 47.4%

• Total voters
Associate
I don't think we need to know what people are doing with mirrors in their bedroom with their Mac's thank you. :cry:

I think its a big week for the Mac this week, the end of the intel age really....

Don
OP
Intel must be losing one hell of a packet these days with most people buying AMD CPU's for there desktop PC's and now apple is fitting all MacBook's with there own M1 CPU's

It will be having an effect but Intel are still king in the commercial world. Most businesses still buy Intel for laptops and desktops.

Associate
It will be having an effect but Intel are still king in the commercial world. Most businesses still buy Intel for laptops and desktops.

I think part of that is availability - it's taken a while to see manufacturers adopt AMD and it's probably the last segment Intel have any legs in. Another year or two and Intel might fight its way back.

Don
OP
TBH, I don't care who's on top as long as there is competition. What Apple have done with the M1 is light a fire under Intel to produce something as efficient as Apple have. This is only a good thing for consumers no matter which hat you wear.

Associate
TBH, I don't care who's on top as long as there is competition. What Apple have done with the M1 is light a fire under Intel to produce something as efficient as Apple have. This is only a good thing for consumers no matter which hat you wear.

I'm happy to see ARM-based processors enter mainstream use. Where others have failed, Apple have done a great job with both the development of their own custom chips and pushing developer adoption to the new platform.

Associate
All this competioni should have drove down prices but due to the weird way of the supply chain and life at the moment its not happening. Realistically its cheaper for Apple to make ARM chips but we've not seen price cuts. However maybe all this competition will result in price cuts a few years down the line, particularly is AMD and Intel strike back.

Don
OP
All this competioni should have drove down prices but due to the weird way of the supply chain and life at the moment its not happening. Realistically its cheaper for Apple to make ARM chips but we've not seen price cuts. However maybe all this competition will result in price cuts a few years down the line, particularly is AMD and Intel strike back.

Highly unlikely in Apple land. Lower production costs just mean higher profits.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just got shipping confirmation from UPS. Should be here Friday based on the app. Fingers crossed it will be sooner but its coming from China so probably not.

Associate
Slightly jealous of the new machines you are all going to get but still overall happy with my M1 MBP…

looking forward to upgrading in a couple of years, just to get a native HDMI slot really :p

fez

fez

Caporegime
Slightly jealous of the new machines you are all going to get but still overall happy with my M1 MBP…

looking forward to upgrading in a couple of years, just to get a native HDMI slot really :p

It will be gone again by then :p

The M1 is an amazing machine. I would have just bought another one if these hadn't come out.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Dave2D video is out... Appears that apple may have overstated the GPU performance a bit, even the 32 core variant is quite a bit below the top offerings of AMD/Nvidia.

However the energy efficiency is still elite, despite them obviously using more power than the regular m1

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Most these reviews appear to just to be a first look anyway, im sure the full reviews will be out a little later

Back
Top Bottom