Poll: *** The official 2022 iPad Air thread (it has an M1, 5G and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy the 2022 iPad Air with M1, 5G and everything?

• Yes

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters
Caporegime
So i just got the MK, first impressions

1- It’s heavy, the whole thing now i suspect it’s proportional to a MBA weight if the MBA is the same size.
2 - Build quality is good, everything is solid, the fake leather feels nice. (I had to go for black as the store only had black, will just have to live with the shine i guess)
3 - Cmd + R works like a mac to refresh the browser which is nice.
4 - Trackpad is excellent but coming from the MBP size, i keep over shooting it. I am sure i will get used to it
5 - I wish i can adjust the dock icon size now it’s in a “desktop mode” with the MK. Default size is huge.
6 - It would have been nice had the MK made some allowances for the edges to cover the Apple Pencil rather than have it stuck out all the time. It a way it is an excuse to make the trackpad another half inch taller.
7 - Having to use left hand to unlock with TouchID when i naturally reach with my right usually
8 - They could have added a headphone jack on the opposite side of the spine.

Soldato
So i just got the MK, first impressions

1- It’s heavy, the whole thing now i suspect it’s proportional to a MBA weight if the MBA is the same size.
2 - Build quality is good, everything is solid, the fake leather feels nice. (I had to go for black as the store only had black, will just have to live with the shine i guess)
3 - Cmd + R works like a mac to refresh the browser which is nice.
4 - Trackpad is excellent but coming from the MBP size, i keep over shooting it. I am sure i will get used to it
5 - I wish i can adjust the dock icon size now it’s in a “desktop mode” with the MK. Default size is huge.
6 - It would have been nice had the MK made some allowances for the edges to cover the Apple Pencil rather than have it stuck out all the time. It a way it is an excuse to make the trackpad another half inch taller.
7 - Having to use left hand to unlock with TouchID when i naturally reach with my right usually
8 - They could have added a headphone jack on the opposite side of the spine.

Yeah it certainly adds a bit of heft to proceedings but I don't mind it - it's quality heft :D
It also makes you realise just how light the iPad itself is in comparison when not docked.
I agree, the trackpad is excellent - especially for what it is. Compared to the MacBook it's obviously not as good but that speaks more for the quality of the MacBook. The MK trackpad is still better than 90% of the Windows laptops I've used over the years.
Being a lefty the TouchID didn't really get in the way for me. But as I mentioned in another post, using my 2018 iPad Pro with the case just seems to make so much more sense. The iPad unlocks as you open the case up and one swipe up of the trackpad and I'm in.
I think the headphone jack really is a pipe dream. If Apple didn't see fit to include it on the iPad itself they were even less likely to add it to the MK. Plus, that would eat into their AirPod market ;)

Soldato
Quick question for those using external keyboards (Apple or otherwise).
Is there way to disable the predictive text bar from automatically appearing at the bottom when using an external keyboard?
On some apps and web pages it tends to block some UI elements which gets annoying after a while.
I have already tried disabling the three options within ‘hardware keyboard’ settings but it still appears.

I’m reluctant to disable predictive text globally as I DO find it useful when I’m using the on screen keyboard when not docked.

Back
Top Bottom