• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE OFFICIAL AMD CHIPSET DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
Apparently sfc is broken on it.

"The chipset driver 4.03.03.431 from AMD made my system act weird. Ghost Recon Breakpoint wouldn't start. Windows Event Log stopped working. Terminal commands like "sfc /scannow" or "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" got stuck and never ran through. Had to use a system restore point from yesterday evening and now everything is running fine again und sfc couldn't find any integrity violations."

https://www.overclock.net/threads/n...s-revision-4-03-03-431.1797423/#post-28960116

Some confirmations after this post too.

Soldato
Had issues getting these installed where it was coming up about missing files / directories, usually I install over the top but this time I had to uninstall the previous version of chipset drivers, delete the c:\AMD folder then they installed fine.

Associate
I'm also getting the missing files warning when installing... but I also can't uninstall due to... missing files!

Any ideas for a work-around?

Soldato
I'm also getting the missing files warning when installing... but I also can't uninstall due to... missing files!

Any ideas for a work-around?

Reinstall the previous version, then uninstall them and should work. Good practice to delete the c:\AMD folder after you've uninstalled too. What I had to do.

Soldato
OP
Had issues getting these installed where it was coming up about missing files / directories, usually I install over the top but this time I had to uninstall the previous version of chipset drivers, delete the c:\AMD folder then they installed fine.

I do this with everything every time including GPU drivers. (Never install over the top)

Associate
Lol :)
I tend to lurk a lot and post when the fancy takes me.
Which explains my low post count after 11 years.
I should have earned members market access by now if only because of the ridiculous amounts of money I have spent here.

But yes I know it does not work like that.

Oh and to keep it somewhat on topic I always install everything over the top and have never had issues.

Soldato
Had a bit of a battle with this update as well. Ran the install, like @Shac says, I always have done them over the top without issue. This one though has given me some manual mop ups. I had a message mid-way through "only valid for installed products" - which I acknowledged and the install completed. At the end I viewed the logs and had a few failures.

Name : AMD Processor Power Management Support
Version : 7.0.4.4
Install : Fail

Name : AMD PCI Device Driver
Version : 1.0.0.87
Install : Fail

I fired up Device Manager and upgraded AMD PCI Device Driver manually by pointing to the extracted driver folder in C:\AMD. I checked through a few other "AMD" entries and found one other (not listed in the log output) and tha was the AMD PSP 11.0 Device. That was on a previous driver, so I also updated that one manually. For the AMD Processor Power Management Support I had to re-run "C:\AMD\Chipset_Software\Packages\Apps\RyzenPPKG manually ran AMD_Ryzen_Balanced-Driver.msi".

So a bit of a faff yeah.

Soldato
Minor bump has been released:

Release Highlights​

• New program support added.
  • Six new drivers added.
  • Fixed pop-up message "AMD Chipset Software is not responding" when the installer is launched and UI screen is clicked.

Known Issues​

• Sometimes custom install fails to upgrade to latest drivers.
  • Text alignment issues may be seen on Russian language.
  • Manual system restart required on Non-English OS after the installation is complete.
  • Windows® Installer pop-up message may appear during the installation.
  • Uninstall summary log may incorrectly show uninstall status as fail on non-English OS.

No issues so far for me.

Back
Top Bottom