• HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

People were saying the same about the watch, so I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions just yet. Apple are in it for the long haul, and they have a lot of areas where they can improve Siri and HomePod, so as it gets better, so (I assume) will sales.

Permabanned
How has this bot not been banned yet? All it seems to be programmed to post is anti-Apple articles

Hardly. Shoot the product, not the messenger. Home Pod sales have been a dud so far. That is a fact, whether you like the news or not. Apple often comes to market after competitors bring a product with a more expensive version, but this time this approach does not appear to be working. Will that change? Time will tell.

Soldato
Hardly. Shoot the product, not the messenger. Home Pod sales have been a dud so far. That is a fact, whether you like the news or not. Apple often comes to market after competitors bring a product with a more expensive version, but this time this approach does not appear to be working. Will that change? Time will tell.

The product is more than fine, shock horror it's not going to sell amazingly compared to a £35 Google Home Mini.

Guess what the iMac Pro won't have massively high sales either, doesn't make it a dud!

Soldato
Most review sites disagree.

Most I read say it sounds fantastic but lacks in smart features.

It does sound fantastic in my opinion I use it as my main music device now and have ordered a second for upstairs. The smart features are of no interest to me outside of music.

Last edited:
Soldato
People were saying the same about the watch, so I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions just yet. Apple are in it for the long haul, and they have a lot of areas where they can improve Siri and HomePod, so as it gets better, so (I assume) will sales.
1. It's simply too much money if you consider the price of the Sonos One with Alexa.
2. You have to already be invested in the Apple eco system to use it, unlike for example ATV.
3.Siri just can't compete with Alexa or Google Assistant.
4. Music services are too limited.

That's my take on this subject.

Soldato
The HomePod sounds far better than the Sonos One.

Everything Apple is expensive compared to anything else. You need to have Apple Music to use it really so it’s an extra £100 a year at least.

Depends what you want really there are cheaper alternatives that don’t sound as good and devices with better smart integration but as a music device the HomePod works really well and sounds fantastic.

Soldato
The HomePod sounds far better than the Sonos One.

Everything Apple is expensive compared to anything else. You need to have Apple Music to use it really so it’s an extra £100 a year at least.

Depends what you want really there are cheaper alternatives that don’t sound as good and devices with better smart integration but as a music device the HomePod works really well and sounds fantastic.
The HomePod does not sound better than a pair of Sonos One's which can be had for the same price as a single HomePod.

Soldato
The HomePod does not sound better than a pair of Sonos One's which can be had for the same price as a single HomePod.

Tbh I was never impressed with the Sonos stuff. I sold all mine and went Yamaha...

For a single unit with voice control the HomePod is very good. The sound for its size is considerably better than I was expecting and better than any single units I have heard.

Have you listened to the HomePod ?

Soldato
Tbh I was never impressed with the Sonos stuff. I sold all mine and went Yamaha...

For a single unit with voice control the HomePod is very good. The sound for its size is considerably better than I was expecting and better than any single units I have heard.

Have you listened to the HomePod ?
Absolutely - I ordered a HomePod and the Sonos One in order to audition both in the home environment then returned both (naughty I know).

SONOS definitely came out tops. They may be more directional but most users place their speakers against a wall anyway. Alexa is way better with commands than Siri though I still prefer control via apps.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just purchased one of these in space grey along with some Apple air pods.

Had some staff discount so had a good saving, not tried it out yet but the home pod looks and feels like quality and its heavy, will see how I find it compared to my play 1s.

It will be nice being able to play music direct from apple music.

Man of Honour
With Airplay 2 now out, these are looking more tempting. I'm tempted to order one to see what it sounds like in the kitchen compared to my Play 5 (gen 2). I can get a Homepod for £300.

Am I right in saying, I can Airplay to my amp in the living room and stream to HomePods at the same time, with it being in sync?

Associate
With Airplay 2 now out, these are looking more tempting. I'm tempted to order one to see what it sounds like in the kitchen compared to my Play 5 (gen 2). I can get a Homepod for £300.

Am I right in saying, I can Airplay to my amp in the living room and stream to HomePods at the same time, with it being in sync?

If the amp is supporting AP2 then it should work. Everythingapplepro video shows interface quite well, you just tick device on which you want it to play (he was showing on 4 homepods).

Back
Top Bottom