Poll: ** The official Apple TV 4K thread (the 2021 model has a new remote and everything!) **

Are you buying the 4K Apple TV?

• Yes

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Not at the moment, maybe later

Votes: 55 33.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Does anyone use an Apple TV 4k along with Sky Glass? I'm thinking of getting Sky Glass for Sky Sports and a nice 43" 4k TV to go along with it, but I'm curious about how they work together. At the moment, I watch streaming services on my Apple TV and never watch any "live" TV so I'm not sure what I could do. Getting Sky Glass is almost the same price as getting Sky Sports on NowTV, so I might as well spend the extra £4 a month to get the new TV. Thoughts?

Commissario
I looked at the whole Sky Glass thing and decided against it because you can’t record on it. It only allows you to stream.

They may say that their entire catalogue is available but is it? How far back does it go? We have stuff recorded on our Sky box that’s been there for years.

Soldato

Oh I didn’t realise that, but I never change any settings, it’s set to match visual content and not match audio frame rate.
The ATV is switching for the content that gets displayed. Perform the Audio sync for the most used options. Set the ATV to Dolby Vision 4k 24 and perform the wireless audio sync for example :)

Soldato
Do this for all frame rates/display type for all the needed ones then set the ATV back to match frame rate.
“You can use an iPhone to calibrate the audio signal on your Apple TV so that all speakers play in sync. Open Settings on Apple TV. Go to Video and Audio, then scroll down to Calibration. Select Wireless Audio Sync, then follow the onscreen instructions for using your iPhone to sync your speakers”

Man of Honour
Yeah I've done that but when it's on the menu, because I have it set to match content it goes into SDR mode. I'll do as suggested and run through the various settings.

The guy that did the calibration my TV suggested that matching content is the best setting for the ATV, although it drives me nuts going between normal and HDR modes.

Back
Top Bottom