Poll: ** The official Apple TV 4K thread (the 2021 model has a new remote and everything!) **

Are you buying the 4K Apple TV?

• Yes

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Not at the moment, maybe later

Votes: 55 33.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Picked up 3x ATV 4K for the house. Loving the interface and the multi-platform integration :)

Caporegime
Only just got round to setting it up and I can’t for the life of me create a US account without payment, can’t finding anything free on the iTunes Store, clicking get on podcasts doesn’t bring anything up it just downloads them without signing in, and when I use my phone to try and do it, I sign out and click get on a free app there’s no option to create a new account like the instructions screenshots show :(

Soldato
Only just got round to setting it up and I can’t for the life of me create a US account without payment, can’t finding anything free on the iTunes Store, clicking get on podcasts doesn’t bring anything up it just downloads them without signing in, and when I use my phone to try and do it, I sign out and click get on a free app there’s no option to create a new account like the instructions screenshots show :(

Choose an app to download, I think I chose a free alarm clock or something. :)

Soldato
I can’t do this on my PC as apps aren’t available on iTunes for windows and on my phone when I sign out of my UK account and click get on a free app my only option is to sign back in to an account or cancel, the create new account option isn’t there.

Ok send me a trust message with the details and I’ll sign you up on my iMac, then you can login and change your password etc. :)

Caporegime
Ok send me a trust message with the details and I’ll sign you up on my iMac, then you can login and change your password etc. :)

I’ve managed to do it but clicking on an item that cost in iTunes then clicking none for the payment option when it came to that page, account creates fine then gives you an error saying request can’t be handled or something but that doesn’t matter as I have a US account now, cheers :)

Man of Honour
Does anyone use the Plex app with a home cinema AVR? How does it handle DTS HD tracks in movies, does it seamlessly decode it into LPCM and send it to the receiver to still get surround? And how is the Plex app itself? I’m looking for a box to replace my Amazon Fire TV and Nvidia Shield so I’m hoping this fits the bill. I can’t see me upgrading to Atmos or 7.1 in the future.

Associate
Does anyone use the Plex app with a home cinema AVR? How does it handle DTS HD tracks in movies, does it seamlessly decode it into LPCM and send it to the receiver to still get surround? And how is the Plex app itself? I’m looking for a box to replace my Amazon Fire TV and Nvidia Shield so I’m hoping this fits the bill. I can’t see me upgrading to Atmos or 7.1 in the future.

I have no idea about Plex but I’m currently using Infuse on the Apple TV as a stop gap until my Vero4K (Kodi box) arrives

Infuse will do what you want via Apple TV

Man of Honour
I'll have a look into it. Just plugged it in and set it up, very easy to do using my phone. Now for the updates and App downloads. I'm hoping that Amazon TV, Netflix and Plex all play nicely.

Man of Honour
It looks like Netflix works fine, however the audio from the Prime Video app is very quiet and I'm not convinced it's 5.1, plus while Plex appears to be okay, due to it transcoding fast forward and rewind in chunks can take some time. I'm also not sure I like the remote. Initial feeling is that it's getting sent back. Why oh why can't I find a box that does what I want and do it well.

Soldato
It looks like Netflix works fine, however the audio from the Prime Video app is very quiet and I'm not convinced it's 5.1, plus while Plex appears to be okay, due to it transcoding fast forward and rewind in chunks can take some time. I'm also not sure I like the remote. Initial feeling is that it's getting sent back. Why oh why can't I find a box that does what I want and do it well.

I use my TV remote to control mine. I don’t get on with the weird Apple swipey thing....

Back
Top Bottom