Poll: ** The official Apple TV 4K thread (the 2021 model has a new remote and everything!) **

Are you buying the 4K Apple TV?

• Yes

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Not at the moment, maybe later

Votes: 55 33.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just a heads up

Mega Movie week is returning again for 2020 :);):)
https://baseorg.uk/press-releases/v...ie-night-as-mega-movie-week-returns-for-2020/

Starting from January 20th, 2020.
This year sale crap compared to last year, But I still picked up a few movies :)

These are the 32 movies I bought so far in this sale

4k - fast & Furious bundle (9 Film Collection) for = £24.99
4k - How to Train Your Dragron: The Hidden World = £2.99
4k - Space Collection: Apollo 11, Apollo 13 & First Man = £8.97
4k - Dirty Dancing = £2.99

4k - Spider-man = £2.99
4k - Spider-Man 2 = £2.99
4k - Spider-Man 3 = £2.99
4k - The Amazing Spider-Man = £2.99
4k - Spider-Man: Home Coming = £2.99
4k - Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse = £2.99
4k - Spider-Man: Far From Home = £5.99

HD - The Equalizer 1 = £2.99
4k - The Equalizer 2 = £2.99

4k - A Good Day to Die Hard = £3.99
4k - Alita: Battle Angel £5.99
4k - Once Upon A Time in...Hollywood £5.99
4k - Venom £2.99
Bourne 5 Film Collection £9.99 (4 are 4k , 1 is HD)

TOTAL = £98.80​

Soldato
My Apple TV 4K died..... Luckily I can just Airplay my movies to the tv. Tried calling Apple but they don’t offer mail in service for Apple TV ? and I would need to take it to a store which tbh I cannot be bothered with as it’s Birmingham which is a pain. Crap result from Apple tbh seeing as I have over 600 movies I have purchased but they were pretty useless.

Soldato
Yeah I have had a good play around and cannot find a way to access them tbh I’m not sure you can which is not ideal. Hopefully it will be added in an update.

Man of Honour
Can someone who uses Plex on their Apple TV clarify something for me? I use an external amp and most of my content is DTS-MA. However my amp is only configured as 5.1, so there is no Atmos. If I play such a film using the Apple TV instead of my NVidia Shield using pass through, am I right in saying that I get no difference in quality, the only difference is I lose the Atmos bits (which I don't have) and the receiver light doesn't show up?

https://support.plex.tv/articles/212072167-audio-configuration-guide-plex-media-player/

As you might have read at the top of this article we strongly recommend that you use the audio decoder that Plex Media Player is using. The reasons for this are many:

• Plex Media Player handles PCM better. Features like can only work with PCM as there is no way to resample encoded data, and the worry about needing exclusive audio access is not there.
  • Some operating systems (like Mac OS X) can not passthrough some audio formats, so issues will arise.
  • If you enable passthrough for something that is not 100% supported on your device, you may just get noise, or silence.
So in short; when using decoding the only drawbacks are the lack of the extended Atmos data bits, and that your receiver will not light up the TrueHD light. Don’t worry, though: even if the pretty light doesn’t go on, you’re still getting identical sound!

I watched IT Chapter 2 last night and I had the Apple TV set to Dolby Digital 5.1 rather than don't change and to be honest it sounded as good if not better than when using the Shield. I've just tried another couple of films on don't change and again, the audio is perfectly fine.

I'm asking as using the Apple TV suits me more than using the Shield.

Associate
OP
9e6dc6ffcf931f6aaf66228fd979f23b.png

YouTube in 4K people. Glorious.

Back
Top Bottom