1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: ** The official Apple Watch Series 4 thread **

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Feek, Sep 12, 2018.

?

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 4?

1. Yes - 40mm cellular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - 44mm cellular

34 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. Yes - 40mm non cellular

10 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Yes - 44mm non cellular

47 vote(s)
    33.6%
  5. No, I won't be buying it

49 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. doogs

Gangster

Yup, installed last night. Checked and I have a normal sinus rhythm.

2. iMacMart

Capodecina

Awesome, I’ve been waiting for this although it seems it’s a bit of a Gimmick but I’m sure there are other applications

3. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Not a gimmick.

4. iMacMart

Capodecina

Sorry I didn’t mean it in that way I know it’s a true measure of the heart but more of a gimmick for me is what I meant :)

Although my friends heart rate was elevated yesterday so he’s going to the doctors to get checked out, this was before our 22 mile run

5. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

No worries. There's always a chance something could develop in future so I'm all for this stuff evolving further.

6. JamesM

Soldato

What is the release timescale of watches, do they update it every year?

7. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

They have been after the original so I’d expect a new one in September.

8. Feek

Commissario

Seems to be now, yes.

9. Tinders

Mobster

The 4 is an excellent watch, i wonder what else they could add to it. Ive had the 2,3 and now the 4. The 3 wasnt worth the upgrade, the 4 definately was worth it.

10. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Been going to the gym regularly now for the past few weeks and watch to get a S4 to track my body. Where to get it the cheapest at the moment? Will treat it as sole a fitness tracker so no need for any bling.

11. Marvt74

Capodecina

When you say solely for a fitness tracker, would you not be better off with something like a Garmin which are generally more accurate and also cheaper.

Unless you do want all the Apple based benefits too?

12. IronSpider

Associate

Garmin forerunner 235, more that enough. I was considering an apple watch but prefer a round face. All my notifications come through to the watch so I don't need to touch my phone while driving. Battery life of 10-14 days. Usually get 10 plus days including GPS runs for two hours a week. More durable and less worried about knocks etc. Lots of set up and config options.

Best of all look different to everyone else with those awful rectangles on your wrist. If you want a fitness tracker there's no reason to go apple. All the data can transfer and be monitored on your iphone anyway.

13. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Well I have an iPhone, Mac and all that jazz so like to keep the whole ecosystem going.

14. IronSpider

Associate

And as a fitness tracker what do you think the iwatch will do that the forerunner wont? The forerunner co-exists with all that as easily as the iwatch.

No offence intended but it sounds like you are looking for an excuse to justify one for yourself rather than buying the best fitness tracker for the purpose required. After getting a garmin I wouldn't consider any watch now that didn't give me at least 7 days no matter who makes it. Or chargeable on wrist, whats the point of a tracker that has to be removed every day or at night to charge.

15. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

No offence taken and also no offence, I already made up my mind to buy one...I wasn't asking "which fitness tracker should I get", just want to know where to get the Apple Water the cheapest that's all.

I haven't tried the Garmin but if I were given one free, I'd give it away the next minute without trying it, I just have no interested in one.

16. Marvt74

Capodecina

It's fair enough and i think you'll end up using it for more than you realise. I certainly preferred the Apple watch over the Garmin Vivoactive 3 after using both for a week, despite telling myself i mainly wanted it for running.

Not sure there are many great deals around for the S4 with it being the current model. Probably check out HDUK for any recent posts or wait for the next eBay 10% off deal. Sure it wont be far away.

You can get good savings on the S3 if that tempts you.

17. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

You can get 10% off with Very if you sign up for a credit account, plus quidco on top.

They are also currently doing a £30 off £300 spend offer, but I don't think you can stack them.

18. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

The Apple Watch is a competent fitness tracker with so many other benefits though, Apple Pay, unlocking your Mac automatically, music streaming etc, he could have his watch in the gym and stream a playlist whilst working out etc

19. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

Amazon France actually has 60 euro off the Apple Watch, so the 44mm GPS unit comes out at £368 delivered.

20. Feek

Commissario

I didn’t buy the series four and I’m now thinking that I’ll hold off updating my series three to see what comes out later this year. I don’t need to upgrade this one, it’s working perfectly well.

I am debating whether to bother with the cellular model next time though. Although I have used it a couple of times, it’s not been often enough to justify the extra initial cost and monthly payment.