Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Yes - 44mm non cellular

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 36 31.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Evening all

I’ve currently got a series 4 watch and it’s fine for Strava, alerts etc but it’s only GPS 44mm I’m looking to add cellular as a birthday present to myself in October, would it make sense to go for the latest & greatest version at the time or opt for a series 6 for instance?

Thanks!

Soldato
Evening all

I’ve currently got a series 4 watch and it’s fine for Strava, alerts etc but it’s only GPS 44mm I’m looking to add cellular as a birthday present to myself in October, would it make sense to go for the latest & greatest version at the time or opt for a series 6 for instance?

Thanks!

The Event should have been held by October in which we will potentially see the 7th generation of the Watch, so it may well be worth waiting until that's been announced, and it could impact prices of the 6 too so even if you didn't want to go and get the new latest and greatest you'd be in a better position. Of course the rumours could be completely untrue too, that's the nature. But it's worth waiting for September seeing as your birthday isn't until October :D

Soldato
The Event should have been held by October in which we will potentially see the 7th generation of the Watch, so it may well be worth waiting until that's been announced, and it could impact prices of the 6 too so even if you didn't want to go and get the new latest and greatest you'd be in a better position. Of course the rumours could be completely untrue too, that's the nature. But it's worth waiting for September seeing as your birthday isn't until October :D
Check! Ta bud ;)

Soldato
Is it just me or is that one ugly watch. Can’t believe I’m actually judging a product on its looks.

The battery in my s3 is starting to go, fully charged this morning and sitting at 58% already. I’ve only done a 30 minute run at 8am.

I’m too invested in the apple eco system but I may just go for one of those garmin Fenix 6. Decisions decisions.

Soldato
I will eat my hat if it doesn't look like that - the factories always leak the designs/schematics early, that's why you get the cases come out before the phones and the mock-up models that get made. Whether the dimensions are exactly the same are another thing (or maybe that person has small wrists).

Soldato
Is it just me or is that one ugly watch. Can’t believe I’m actually judging a product on its looks.

The battery in my s3 is starting to go, fully charged this morning and sitting at 58% already. I’ve only done a 30 minute run at 8am.

I’m too invested in the apple eco system but I may just go for one of those garmin Fenix 6. Decisions decisions.

I've been really enjoying my Apple Watch, but if you use your watch for anything more than the odd bit of fitness tracking you really can't go wrong with the Fenix 6 - Absolutely fantastic bit of kit that is!

Soldato
I will eat my hat if it doesn't look like that - the factories always leak the designs/schematics early, that's why you get the cases come out before the phones and the mock-up models that get made. Whether the dimensions are exactly the same are another thing (or maybe that person has small wrists).

So, what kind of hat are we talking?

Soldato
That was a very disappointing announcement. Not even the mooted design change, or an increase in battery, it just charges faster and has a slight screen estate increase. Woo.

And not even a release date. I thought they would have done a limited release rather than rectify all supply chain issues then release.

Associate
I’ve been looking at getting an Apple Watch for my wife for Christmas (unlikely to be the new one launched today, but hoping for a slight saving on an older version).

From reading it seems Spotify now allows tracks to be downloaded, but she would like not to carry her phone at all when running. In that case it looks like we would need the cellular version. She is with Vodafone and I can’t see anyway to make it work without paying Vodafone £7 a month to add the watch (for no additional data allowance), which seems quite a lot to me. Are there any other ways to give Apple Watch cellular connectivity outside of the major cellular networks for a lower price?

Not a problem if not, but at least it’s good to no the facts at the outset.

Thanks for any help!

Back
Top Bottom