1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 7 thread (it now has a proper keyboard and everything!) ***

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Feek, 14 Sep 2021.

?

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 7?

1. Yes - 41mm cellular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - 41mm non cellular

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Yes - 45mm cellular

13 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. Yes - 45mm non cellular

25 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. No, I won't be buying it

31 vote(s)
    41.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. pcfarrar

Wise Guy

That's weird, all the apps I've installed on my S7 are working fine.

2. Raiden85

Wise Guy

Even the developer of PCalc had the issue and when he installed the app with Xcode on the S7 it seemed to fix the app icon, seems when the effected app is downloaded from Apple the icons on some apps are getting stripped out. He said it doesn't seem to effect the S6 and older but just the S7. Seems like this is a bug on Apples end and if it is up to them to fix it server side they may have to reissue the effected apps as a regular app update.

3. carrot1401

Mobster

Going from S3 38mm to S7 41mm, coming on Tuesday, not bothered by straps as will probably order some more anyway :)

4. roman59

Wise Guy

Just picked up my 45mm starlight cellular S7 from John Lewis (ordered yesterday morning) now restoring from backup etc.

Really like the way the colour shifts from gold to silver when the light hits it, the size is a nice upgrade too.

Cheers all

5. Zeebedy

Mobster

Nice little surprise today..DPD delivering my watch..

must say, it looks so sick in the blue, it’s a lot more subtle than the photos suggest, but I love it..

old watch sold, an just getting into gear with the S7, only thing though is I shelled out another 20 notes to get a USB C plug for the fast charging.

6. Rooky007

Mobster

Really love the midnight blue

7. Trig

Soldato

Does the blue of the watch match the blue from the iPhone 12 or are they still different?

8. Rooky007

Mobster

there 2 blue. The midnight blue is nearly black

9. IronSpider

Hitman

Is there anyway to see all the strap colours when they are not in stock? Even if I choose a different colour strap not my preferred choice the delivery is stating Mid December!

10. Raiden85

Wise Guy

So Apple did end up reissuing the affected watch apps. Apparently this bug only occurred on the 45mm version. My broken icons now work fine :)

[​IMG]

11. currantloaf

Hitman

First Apple Watch 7 45mm Nike version (thought the strap would reduce any sweat)

I can’t believe just over a year ago I was still on Android , now I am a complete convert. It’s all so seamless!

12. N0ddie

Gangster

I ordered a black Titanium 45mm S7 with an expected delivery of mid-November. Last Apple watch I had was the S3 so expecting a big jump.

13. Trig

Soldato

Same as me then, would have expected to get it faster from Apple though, some people seem to be getting them in a few days from Currys and the likes...

14. BMox81

Wise Guy

Why the change?

15. Zeebedy

Mobster

You know what they say.."once you go Mac, you never go back!" :D

Will be a massive update mate.

16. currantloaf

Hitman

I had been given a mac at work which started my relationship with Apple. Been upgraded to the M1 MacBooks a few months ago. In the end just got sick of Android. I would always get the flagship Samsung phones and find the battery life and camera (in non native apps ) to be much worse than the Apple equivalent . I wanted my phone to be a great phone / communication device primarily and for it to be an simple experience, Apple nail that . Now I have made the switch I wouldn’t go back . Never had a smart watch but really enjoying the 7!

:D

17. uvarvu

Mobster

My watch has been shipped with no notifications from Apple so you might want to check your order - you might find a nice surprise :)

18. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

My SS series 7 shipped early this morning, the estimated date was between the 11th and 18th but now saying delivered by the 4th.

19. Trig

Soldato

I cancelled my 45mm 7 when I realised in the Apple Store app there's a size comparison, the 45 is huge, so I binned that off and went to order the 41, until I saw that the expected date was the end of November beginning of December, so going to get it from Amazon for next day delivery...

20. b0rn2sk8

Sgarrista

Are you male or female?

Generally the larger size suits males and the smaller suits females.

My wrists/forearms are on the smaller side of average for a male and the smaller Apple Watch looked far too small when I tried it on in a store. It wasn’t even like it was toss up between the two, it was obviously far too small.