*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
Same with vehicles, they regen to 100% now. They started this regen gimmick with vehicles in bf3 but it was a limited amount, bfv had no vehicle regen, now all of a sudden they go full retard on regen across the board.
Internal DICE Meeting ‘We’ve removed the repair tool from the default load out, how can vehicles be repaired now?’ ‘We could give them regen so they don’t need repair tools at all?’ ‘Great idea! Employee of the month!’

Caporegime
Yeah exactly, or just conquest with classic rules that needs more teamwork. Meant to say in previous post is that the problem I have right now is I wasn't a big fan of the beta but could see myself playing Portal if I find a server I like but I don't want to pay full price for the game and find this isn't the case.
I’m a little annoyed that Portal games will disappear once the server empties. Will there be a browser of sorts to see what game modes are available? If one or two modes become very popular will they stand a chance of being available 24/7? So many fun game modes could come and go before they can catch on.

Associate
Internal DICE Meeting ‘We’ve removed the repair tool from the default load out, how can vehicles be repaired now?’ ‘We could give them regen so they don’t need repair tools at all?’ ‘Great idea! Employee of the month!’

That frustrated me, helicopters were so overpowered. I never learned to fly one, but they seemed to have 2 flares and an AA missile would not kill them. So they could gun away, pop a flare, gun some more pop another flare.. take my last missile, fly away and regen and im outta missiles and no-one supplies ammo! A decent pilot could rack up some amount of kills.

Jets on the other hand, only died when they crashed into me!

Associate
BF2 seems a very long time ago now......

Its all just "look at the flashy stuff" now and forget the gameplay. Oh and dont forget to drop by the shop and spend some more cash.

Caporegime
An interesting post i read on the forum which when you think about what we just played could be plausible, this might well have not been a battlefield game initially.

ItyX8k8.png

Soldato
It seems this will be an one-off chance to get a BF with big maps, there is way too much complaining about it. I expect the next BF to go back to COD like clusterf**k we've come to expect since that Metro map.
The problem wasn't necessarily it was too big. It was too big whilst also being a really crap and boring map.

I'd have no issue with a map as big as Orbital was as long as it had interesting bits. They've just put huge hills in between the control points with very little else going on.

Caporegime
The problem wasn't necessarily it was too big. It was too big whilst also being a really crap and boring map.

I'd have no issue with a map as big as Orbital was as long as it had interesting bits. They've just put huge hills in between the control points with very little else going on.

4 bigger ones to come that make this one looks small

Kz0V4ac.jpg

Man of Honour
The battle royale conspiracy makes sense.

Its possible, though its just one persons thoughts currently, one thing is for certain though - I'm sure glad they didnt stick with their original idea (if that was indeed the idea) of a BR game. I am sick to death of BR games and frankly think their time is almost over.

Caporegime
The battle royale conspiracy makes sense.

Yup, in the demo we've had:

Factions canned

Classes canned

Vehicle area damage canned so they operate at 100% regardless of "health" and don't take specific damage basically dumbing down the Vehicle gameplay to 2005 levels.

A conquest map that feels like it was designed for another mode and has no real big action areas, rather it has small scattered engagements and it doesn't feel like a war at all.

Random civilian vehicles scattered around the map which is straight out of a BR game.

Ai suddenly making an appearence in the game to fill out the server.

A Tornado that is like a Battle Royale element that feels really out of place.

I honestly feel that the post about this game being reworked from something different is very plausible.

V F

V F

Soldato
Its possible, though its just one persons thoughts currently, one thing is for certain though - I'm sure glad they didnt stick with their original idea (if that was indeed the idea) of a BR game. I am sick to death of BR games and frankly think their time is almost over.

So am I. I think it's cancer. Everything is a clone these days.

Caporegime
Was fun while it lasted.. don't think I can justify £50-80 though tbh.

Not worth it imo, after reading the post on reddit about this potentially being a reworked battle royale game, the more i think about the demo the more it rings true. Too many battlefield staples are missing for this to be an actual BF title.

Man of Honour
Was fun while it lasted.. don't think I can justify £50-80 though tbh.

Your approach is spot on, for you its not meeting whatever criteria you use to validate its price and thats perfectly sensible.

I think thats the right viewpoint you have there Alan, each of us has to decide whether the fun we got from it is enough to justify the price. As I've said many times in the past , for me, the justification of buying a game is based entirely upon the £ per hour ratio. I dont care about anything else, it could have originally been designed to be a Candy Crush clone for all I care, I only care about whether or not the game provides me with enough fun to equal my £ per hour system, its a system I use for quite literally every single game I buy or have bought. Based upon the beta (almost 20 hours) I think I will easily get 40 hours out of it, probably much more, and that means I will hit the £ per hour for the cost and thus for me I'd be entirely justified, in my own mind, in buying it and I'm fine with that. We should all take Alan's approach on this, I suppose one of the big problems with forums and youtube videos etc is that people seem to get very overprotective/overdestructive about games and some folks will do their absolute best to attempt to convince people to think the same way they do, to make them like the game they like or dislike the game they dislike. I have a friend like that, right pain in the butt :D

Back
Top Bottom