*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
https://www.pcgamer.com/au/battlefield-2042-introduces-non-binary-character-a-first-for-the-series/

You'd think they would have learned from bfv to stop shoehorning in stuff just to be on the "current trend" bandwagon, but nope.

Why do they constantly do this ****? It adds nothing to the gameplay and in a game like this it just gives the angry little kids another tool to try and get people they don't like kicked/banned. Want someone out of the game? Simply get a load of your mates to report the player for the high crime of 'mis-gendering'.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Surely by 2042 this sort of thing won't even be an issue? Who cares? It doesn't change the gameplay.

In bf1 wonen weren't an issue either from what I recall, was only an issue with bfv when they were pushing them hard with amputee woman that people got irritated. Not the same emphasis on this character so doubtful it'll receive the same drama.

Soldato
sad thing the only reason EA added a non-binary character is to:
1. be first - sounds good
2. get in the news
3. get free marketing
4. free word of mouth

point made above loads discussion on the matter.

EA only done it for the Money not the statement.

Soldato
Never ceases to amaze me seeing a bunch of heterosexual white men on a computer forum getting so triggered by a game developer being inclusive of another group.

Smogsy, I’m sure EA (or Dice, who likely have more say in this) are aware that Apex Legends beat them to having a non-binary character in their game. It’s a characters backstory, I’ve no idea why you guys consider this such an attack on your freederms and morrels.

edit: in fact it seems EA publish Apex too. So what we’re seeing here in (shockingly) a company that consistently backs inclusivity! Oh gnomes!

Man of Honour
Never ceases to amaze me seeing a bunch of heterosexual white men on a computer forum getting so triggered by a game developer being inclusive of another group.

**waits for a non-heterosexual, non-white, non-male to kick off about being assigned as a heterosexual white man on the basis of no evidence that they are** :D

Soldato
Surely by 2042 this sort of thing won't even be an issue? Who cares? It doesn't change the gameplay.

All this woke rubbish is what'll cause the war in 2042. Instead of developing a backbone - seems todays woke folk, actively look for things to be offended by, even if they actually aren't and the person they are calling out would never know anyway. Tattoos on the foreheads of the easily offended would be the best course of action.

A friend in the public sector said they were told off for saying "Morning guys". "Can't say that" they were told.

Associate
So how many "non-binary" identifying players do we think will be actually getting this then ? Or would have been offended if this hadnt been included. Next to none I am betting. A bit of silly tick boxing fluff.

However EA get some publicity and that lovely warm glow.

Surprised they have included all those nasty gas guzzling aircraft and tanks - thought climate change was Issue of the Month......

Man of Honour
So how many "non-binary" identifying players do we think will be actually getting this then ? Or would have been offended if this hadnt been included. Next to none I am betting. A bit of silly tick boxing fluff.

However EA get some publicity and that lovely warm glow.

Surprised they have included all those nasty gas guzzling aircraft and tanks - thought climate change was Issue of the Month......

Well its 20 years in the future, so maybe the aircraft and tanks dont run on gas anymore :D

l0z

l0z

Associate
People are 'triggered' (ugh) because its symptomatic of a culture of slavishly following fashion, and of not being able or willing to reject stupid new ideas.

Same as the furore during the run up to BFV - women were not then, and should not now be (for reasons obvious to those not infected with progressive brain worms), considered for infantry fighting roles.

Similarly, the idea that elite military units might contain 'enbys' is ridiculous. Hence the ridicule.

Back
Top Bottom