*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
Weird that Portal seems to get the best reception of all the modes.
Would have been better off just doing a new Bad Company game.

The beauty of Portal is that every BF game I have played the chat has devolved into arguments about which BF game was the best one. With Portal mode, you will get all the BF games so that puts an end to that argument :)

Soldato
So tell me how portal mode is meant to succeed when the game is set up by a player and as soon as he quits the server does as well?

Is that actually confirmed? I was under the impression that the server would stay up providing it was populated. But if what you say is true I'm definately giving this game a miss.

Man of Honour
Is that actually confirmed? I was under the impression that the server would stay up providing it was populated. But if what you say is true I'm definately giving this game a miss.

I'm not sure tbh, I have heard some say its this way and others say it isnt. We will all know one way or the other tomorrow though. My money is on the server stays up if the player who set it up leaves, otherwise any time the player who set it up lost connection or crashed the server would go down which doesnt seem right to me, not long to wait now though until we find out which "leaker" was telling the truth.

Caporegime

It stays as long as It has people in it, though not if sure if the creator of the server has to stay or not.

Dice to be fair haven't said that much about it, even the server situation it sounds like it might be whoever creates the game hosts it in his connection, or the other option is once its created it gets made on a dice server set up for portal which then resets when everyone leaves. At the minute it could be either.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You haven't a clue, sliding was even in battlefield v with rubble strewn streets yet soldiers still managed to slide through it and somehow gain momentum as well as make hit detection wonky in the process. Its a mechanic that's always had issues attached to it yet they still put it in.

And if you think the dumbing down of the overall game to further entice the cod crowd is "nitpicking", you have less of a clue than I thought.

Run along now, son :cry:

Yeah I played V and slid in that, albeit not much tbh.

I've also played COD for God knows how many hours. Having said that I enjoyed 1942 and the second one. Every game has its floors and like every bloody new release in recent years it will be a mess at release no doubt.

Only thing really annoying me on the beta was the clipping.

It stays as long as It has people in it, though not if sure if the creator of the server has to stay or not.

I presume it will be like BO:CW, the host of the squad will just change if someone leaves...not sure how that works on a server basis though.

Associate
Dang it! I had a rush of blood to the head after seeing the JF video this morning and bought the standard version from CDKeys, even with my ageing 'puter. I was thinking, I'll maybe be able to play on low/mid settings at 1080p. Now I'm thinking, should I get a refund? AoW and some of those new maps just aren't giving me wobbly knees!

Man of Honour
Is there really no score board in the game? Just saw a few posts on reddit.

I hope so. In the beta there was a scoreboard where you could see the scores for each squad (but not each individual player), so hopefully it will be that way at release too, its a nice way to stop non teamwork players from just ego boosting with their high K/D whilst the team loses. Also is actually quite a good deterent to cheaters who cant cheat to show themselves off at the top of a scoreboard

Man of Honour

Dice to be fair haven't said that much about it, even the server situation it sounds like it might be whoever creates the game hosts it in his connection, or the other option is once its created it gets made on a dice server set up for portal which then resets when everyone leaves. At the minute it could be either.

Surely the creator wouldnt be hosting it on their connection, I doubt many people have the connection for hosting 128 player games of BF. I'm sure it will be the latter, that you create a game on their servers which goes once its empty.

Caporegime
Thank god. That was so irritating back then. Then it required an update through the browser to get on.

We still dont even know if the main game has a server browser, someone got access to the console version after the preload and it was supposodly missing. Presumably it does but it was also missing in the "beta".

Back
Top Bottom