*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
We still dont even know if the main game has a server browser, someone got access to the console version after the preload and it was supposodly missing. Presumably it does but it was also missing in the "beta".

Not long to go now and we will know for sure. The "leak" that I read said that Portal mode had a server browser but Conquest mode didnt, then again these days whenever a big title comes out there always seems to be a bunch of "leakers" claiming exclusive info, probably 9 times out of 10 just to get hits, but we'll know for sure very soon now.

V F

V F

Soldato
Why the **** does every games character these days have to make forced, unfunny and cringe-inducing comments all the time? Please tell me there's an option to silence them.

I've no idea, they did that same crap to Quake Champions and everyone else seems to copy each other. It's all about trends.

Associate
Is there really no score board in the game? Just saw a few posts on reddit.

it has been confirmed that there is no traditional scoreboard, not even in Portal..

I will take a stab in the dark that it will be added back in because of the community backlash on forums/reddit. Even some forum community guys are putting their views on it forward which is unusual.

As for the portal servers (or what ever you want to call it) the rumour is that if someone makes a game type that is extremely popular dice will keep it running but if not as soon as the creator leaves i believe it will vanish after said round.

Soldato
I hope so. In the beta there was a scoreboard where you could see the scores for each squad (but not each individual player), so hopefully it will be that way at release too, its a nice way to stop non teamwork players from just ego boosting with their high K/D whilst the team loses. Also is actually quite a good deterent to cheaters who cant cheat to show themselves off at the top of a scoreboard

What I find weird is very little in this game seems to promote teamwork and instead favours solo play yet the score board is like this :confused:

Soldato
Just started BF2042 for the very first time and it's giving me an error, there is a problem with your games setup, please reinstall your game? I've just installed it to play?

Soldato
Anyone having an issue with EA Desktop where it doesn't let you chose where to install the game? Defaults to C and when I try pick somewhere else a box that isn't working loads up

Windows 11

Associate
Just been playing for an hr, luckily no crashes etc, but, its not optimized that great, was hoping they would sort it by release, im always above 60fps on mostly high settings but the gpu never hits in the 90% range, one of the hardest games ive got to run thats for sure

Soldato
Two loads, two crashes, won't go into the game. Well, twice gone in with previous driver, DX error. Just updated to latest from yesteday, guess what, more DX errors and locks up the desktop on game entry video where the craft is delivering you into the map.... Blimey the BETA ran without a hitch, now on game day... knakcered. Then again this is typical BF release day for me, it never ever works!

Caporegime
My thoughts...

1) Recoil of the guns are nice
2) Sounds are brilliant, proper Battlefield :D
3) Squads are working together as they should

4) Performance is subpar even with DLSS and on HIGH, obviously early days for the game!
5) Played for 20mins and my first CTD, as experienced by others :mad:
6) Graphics don't seem to be impressing me to be honest, seems rather flat?

Back
Top Bottom