*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
It's the game, loads of people are reporting DX error crashing to the desktop even RTX users.

Just another Battlefield release that DICE can not get right.

It did stop after changing the drivers though. Not had a card since that. Probably update when the game gets updated with a ludicrously large patch

Man of Honour
My god....what fun, spent most of the evening on Bad Company 2. Always loved BC2 originally and its awesome in the BF2042 engine. LOVED it, more so than any of the other modes I tried tonight.

Played all evening, 5 hours of my 10 hours used on the first night lol. No crashes though so thats good

Associate
Some of my performance testing. With my AMD 5900X and RTX 3090, with graphics at their lowest setting, I had to drop all the way down to 1650x900 resolution for the GPU not be maxed anymore. This resulted in about 270 FPS. This may be one of the most GPU dependent games I've ever played.

Basically, if you have a fast GPU and play at 4K, your CPU could be a turnip and and your GPU would still be maxed out.

Soldato
5900x + 3080 playing beautifully @ 1440p maxed out , over 100fps happily.

had a lot of fun don't understand the hate other than the UI needs some extra love

Underboss
Enjoyed that last night, the maps are huge. Not tried portal yet, going to do that later.

Finding it hard to spot people at the moment, clearly a bit rusty of shooters as I go from being moderately **** to mega **** in seconds.

Not missing having a scoreboard at all and love the T system for attachment changes on the fly.

Could do with some drivers/optimisation as it's beasting my 5800x/3070Ti.

Soldato
Few games last night, various modes. Played with a squad on discord was good fun.

It set mine to default, I didn't check the fps but didn't feel like I had any drops at all and was smooth.

Some maps just never loaded e.g. kaleidoscope would always fail

Soldato
Ha ha, got a 10 hour trial. Couldn't get in a game in night and all my trial time has gone when I woke up this morning.

Ace.

Back to warzone I guess.

Soldato
for those who are having FPS issues with 3080/3090

I had realised last night that i have following turned off
Motion blur
Vigentte
Lens Flare
Chromatic abbrotation
film grain off

Worth trying with those off to see if one really hits FPS?

again 4K here ULTRA settings 100FPS DLSS/ Quality/perf doesn't matter

Soldato
Worth trying with those off to see if one really hits FPS?

None of them make a blind bit of difference for me.

1080p/low is giving me only slightly more FPS (5-10 more) than 4K ultra…

Its strange because normally in literally every game I’ve ever played, some part of my system will be running at 100% (usually the gpu) but in this - nothing it’s getting close to 100%, it’s like it’s not even trying. My water cooling loop is only getting to half the temp it normally does.

Soldato
None of them make a blind bit of difference for me.

1080p/low is giving me only slightly more FPS (5-10 more) than 4K ultra…

Its strange because normally in literally every game I’ve ever played, some part of my system will be running at 100% (usually the gpu) but in this - nothing it’s getting close to 100%, it’s like it’s not even trying. My water cooling loop is only getting to half the temp it normally does.

going to test RTX vs no RTX for you if i can get in a game. maybe that's destroying GPU %. my Gpu sits at 98-99% always without it on

So Tried RTX ON - BF2042 drops to 60fps every so often but averages 80fps
RTX OFF - BF2042 constant 100fps

BF3 - RTX ON 60-100FPS
BF3 - RTX OFF 90-110FPS but did drop to 60fps once

Had my first ever crash too after switching RTX
so for me it looks like RTX is linked in to the direct X issue
had days of playing no issue RTX ON crash in 20 minutes

ALSO
BF3 maps seem like they drop FPS at lot compared to BF2042 maps
so maybe the FPS difference is some are just playing BF3 & not BF2042?

update any non bf2042 map i lose a good 15-20fps & its much more fluctuation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom