*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
Wowsers, that is indeed terrible, I get double that with it on the High preset with my old 1080. Looks like I made a wise decision to avoid the RTX cards back when they were "the thing" to get :D
Maybe something on my end for low fps?

I updated the drivers and nothing major running other then BF, maybe new driver slowing me down lol.

Man of Honour
Why is it I am creaming over bad company 2? Why didn't they just remake that

To be fair to them, they couldnt really because if they had then everyone who didnt like Bad Company 2 would be screaming on the forums - "Why didnt they just remake BF1942" or "Why didnt they just remake BF3" or "Why didnt they just remake BF4". In a way they played it "safe" by sort of remastering them all

Soldato
Just done 6 odd hours :) I didn't enjoy the beta for whatever reason but it's starting to grow on me. Maps are a bit meh, but I have got my eye in so that's all that counts.

As for the stability - not a problem for me at all, however 60 odd FPS as 4K ultra with a 9900k and a 3090 is a bit of a comedown from the 120FPS with BFV at the same settings. I'm sure they will get a handle on it in the end though.

Soldato
tank as in drop to 5% yet? then no

Like this in game buddy, CPU just gets hammered for no reason and causes stutters. Super annoying.

All drivers up to date, no overclockers, tried DLSS on off, settings even to low, still get this issue. No problem in any other game, stumped!
EE29-CE38-C4-C0-4906-A8-F7-685197559-CE0.png

Soldato
Like this in game buddy, CPU just gets hammered for no reason and causes stutters. Super annoying.

All drivers up to date, no overclockers, tried DLSS on off, settings even to low, still get this issue. No problem in any other game, stumped!
EE29-CE38-C4-C0-4906-A8-F7-685197559-CE0.png
nope mines always at 30% ish on a 5900x however it does happen if alt+tab a few times but gets stuck at like 5%

Associate
I've now played a few rounds of All out Warfare. Not impressed really.

128 players sounds good on the box/store front but it doesn't really add anything to the experience with the size of the maps. I'd much rather if it was 40v40 on maps ever so slightly bigger than the BF4 maps so that it felt like an actual battlefield. At the moment there are huge parts of unoccupied space that offer very little to the experience and it feels like a crappy version of Planetside where battles were just essentially skirmishes around various points.

I said the same thing about Planetside on discord

Associate
To be fair to them, they couldnt really because if they had then everyone who didnt like Bad Company 2 would be screaming on the forums - "Why didnt they just remake BF1942" or "Why didnt they just remake BF3" or "Why didnt they just remake BF4". In a way they played it "safe" by sort of remastering them all

all the people would be complaining about why cant I go prone

now remaster bf2142

Caporegime
A big fat meh from me.

Honestly, I think bf 5 is better based on when I last played it a couple of months back there..... :o

Definitely a no buy from me until some changes are done (especially around the gunplay), which is unlikely given the audience this game is aimed at now, however, if they makes the changes needed, it could be a good game on the whole. Maps are very meh too, they'll need to add more bc 2 and bf 3 etc. maps to make up for them but then I would just go and play those games instead (at least with the way the game is in its current state)...

I give all the people creaming their pants over this about a month or 2 until the shiny shiny/nostalgia wears of, just like the last couple of BF threads..... ;) :p :D

Caporegime
Personally I find BF5 fantastic and a true evolution of the franchise.

BFV had good movement for infantry and decent destruction, besides that it had nothing much going for it. The forced ammo attrition system was utterly stupid, nothing really memorable in terms of maps etc. The visibility issues for infantry never really got solved overall, a combination of high res textures, backgrounds and lighting system on the infantry models caused that.

A pity as it was the big return to ww2, they had a load of material to choose from including a lot of classic maps, but in the end it was a wet fart at best.

Back
Top Bottom