*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
I generally don't care what people think I'm loving the game ! At 38 I get pretty bored with games but this one I can't get enough of it ! I get it doesn't have everything everyone wants but over time its very likely they will add more stuff and do what people request , its definitely not a bad game its one of the most fun online shooters at the moment in my opinion and there isnt a war game that even comes close to the explosion and how good it all looks.

Yeah I hear you, I'm 56 and I still love playing games such as this and some SimRacing so I'm gonna give it a go and see how it works out.
No idea what the Update is though as I cant download it....yet?

Soldato
Just had a few games since the patch, does seem slightly better. Did a fresh windows 11 install last night and I'm testing this at 4K on my LG CX OLED, Ultra settings, looks stunning! Don't seem to be getting the CPU spikes I was before, not sure if that was a windows issue or not. When it works it's great, but it's going to need serious work to get there.

Soldato
Its a shame but I really don't like this game the hit reg seems off and assault rifles seem to be pointless as SMG are like lazers even at range? I really don't like the operators, battlefield has always been about classes most of these operators are not worth using. The new maps are trash to much open ground between capture points on a lot of the maps. I enjoyed portal mode the most if it had more maps I maybe would have purchased the game, the sound design is awful everything seems muffled?! I have helicopters and vehicles close to me and it sounds like they are far away.

The other mode (forgot its name) is pointless after playing it a few times, as their is no reward for extracting as their is no good unlocks or loot etc. Unlike Tarkov or hunt showdown where you complete quests or get loot and the AI is actually interesting and good. The game looked nice ran ok on my ryzen 5 3600, 3060ti I’m sure it will run very well with more patches, I have few hours left in the trial and will come back in 6 months to see what dice have done. I hope they focus on portal mode as the new stuff major backwards step for me its like they are trying to copy Tarkov, overwatch, cod and forgetting what battlefield is.

Soldato
Its a shame but I really don't like this game the hit reg seems off and assault rifles seem to be pointless as SMG are like lazers even at range?

Yeah the SMGs seem to be the current 'meta' especially the PP-29. It's annoying as I've unlocked all of the assault rifles, for me the SCAR is the most disappointing - on paper it looks like the one to use, but it's just not very good. If I switch to the PP-29 everything is 1000 times easier. When I'm not being killed over and over again by hovercraft, it seems to be PP-29 almost all of the time.

Associate
Same, downloaded the whole game again only to be faced by another 6gb that just won't install!

Edit: also opened steam which downloaded th 6gb patch but I can't open via steam anyway?!! Reopen ea beta and it says downloading but with no info on the DL

Amateurs

Soldato
I'm used to the hit reg being off in these games and normally put up with it but man, it's starting to get me down.

Probably my own fault as I've been determined to persevere with the assault rifles but pumping half a clip into someone only for them to kill you and it then shows their health at 100% on the kill screen is annoying as ****. Occasionally I could understand but it's constant.

I suppose I'll have to go "meta" and use a SMG then.

Back
Top Bottom