1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by jonneymendoza, 13 Feb 2021.

1. ICEx21

Wise Guy

I got it and have now refunded it, it feels like it's been downgraded heavily since BF3 and BF4, honestly I feel like the game has been dumbed down from it's previous iterations.

2. Delvis

Caporegime

Nothing wrong with that, in BFv however you could leave your current one to create a new one so your friends could join it....make it friends only etc.

The option is there, it just doesn't seem to do anything :D

3. foster grant

Soldato

Yeah I hear you, I'm 56 and I still love playing games such as this and some SimRacing so I'm gonna give it a go and see how it works out.
    No idea what the Update is though as I cant download it....yet?

4. Spikey

Soldato

Just had a few games since the patch, does seem slightly better. Did a fresh windows 11 install last night and I'm testing this at 4K on my LG CX OLED, Ultra settings, looks stunning! Don't seem to be getting the CPU spikes I was before, not sure if that was a windows issue or not. When it works it's great, but it's going to need serious work to get there.

5. ak22

Soldato

Its a shame but I really don't like this game the hit reg seems off and assault rifles seem to be pointless as SMG are like lazers even at range? I really don't like the operators, battlefield has always been about classes most of these operators are not worth using. The new maps are trash to much open ground between capture points on a lot of the maps. I enjoyed portal mode the most if it had more maps I maybe would of purchased the game, the sound design is awful everything seems muffled?! I have helicopters and vehicles close to me and it sounds like they are far away.

The other mode (forgot its name) is pointless after playing it a few times, as their is no reward for extracting as their is no good unlocks or loot etc. Unlike Tarkov or hunt showdown where you complete quests or get loot and the AI is actually interesting and good. The game looked nice ran ok on my ryzen 5 3600, 3060ti I’m sure it will run very well with more patches, I have few hours left in the trial and will come back in 6 months to see what dice have done. I hope they focus on portal mode as the new stuff major backwards step for me its like they are trying to copy Tarkov, overwatch, cod and forgetting what battlefield is.

6. chroniclard

Capodecina

7. Ur round next

Wise Guy

All i want is a new bad company game..Im not one bit interested in future warfare

8. Screeeech

Mobster

Yeah the SMGs seem to be the current 'meta' especially the PP-29. It's annoying as I've unlocked all of the assault rifles, for me the SCAR is the most disappointing - on paper it looks like the one to use, but it's just not very good. If I switch to the PP-29 everything is 1000 times easier. When I'm not being killed over and over again by hovercraft, it seems to be PP-29 almost all of the time.

9. chrismscotland

Mobster

New update seems to be available but can't seem to get it downloading via the EA App; pain in the arse

10. magicoi

Wise Guy

Same, downloaded the whole game again only to be faced by another 6gb that just won't install!

Edit: also opened steam which downloaded th 6gb patch but I can't open via steam anyway?!! Reopen ea beta and it says downloading but with no info on the DL

Amateurs

11. magicoi

Wise Guy

Cleared cache on Ea play app and all is working again!!

Unreal!

12. gizmoy2k

Mobster

That EA play app is a dogs dinner, stick to Origin

13. xb8browney

Soldato

Not sure if mines updated or not.

14. xb8browney

Soldato

Only just noticed the in-game Logitech advertising, shot the signs out.

15. Screeeech

Mobster

Anybody noticed any improvements with the new update? I think the day1 patch is still coming tomorrow.

I didn't notice any changes with today's update.

16. turbot1984

Mobster

Fine today, just Nvidia driver problem ... the latest 'BF2042 Optimized' driver is 830mb of cack.

17. nitram100

Mobster

Jesus H this game sucks!! I am aiming at people shooting at them clearly and not getting any damage indicators, refunding ASAP.

18. Neil79

Caporegime

Use the SMG, the main rifles are currently broken

19. meths

Mobster

I'm used to the hit reg being off in these games and normally put up with it but man, it's starting to get me down.

Probably my own fault as I've been determined to persevere with the assault rifles but pumping half a clip into someone only for them to kill you and it then shows their health at 100% on the kill screen is annoying as ****. Occasionally I could understand but it's constant.

I suppose I'll have to go "meta" and use a SMG then.

20. chrismscotland

Mobster

This is the "Day 1" patch I believe