1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by jonneymendoza, 13 Feb 2021.

1. scamartist

Hitman

The Netflix analogy is good as it is something I do regularly where I'll watch a couple of episodes and then cancel watching the rest as in my head I have decided its garbage.

Releasing games in this state needs to end. It is quite literally the only media format that they can release and then fix at a later date but it shouldn't be the case.

Imagine a classic album being released as the demo version it just wouldn't be the same.

I do enjoy bits of the game but in the end it comes across as an amateurish release when it was supposed to be top tier AAA.

Last edited: 19 Nov 2021
  2. Subzero85

Hitman

Was tempted to get this, but i think i would be as well holding off, the days of Lemmings soaking up these unfinished games is not helping at all, I will try the new Halo tomorrow and see how it fares

3. xb8browney

Soldato

4. TripleT

Sgarrista

In old bf games where you able to spawn in other squads vehicles? If there was space.

I'm sure you could, that needs to be a thing.

5. ne0

Hitman

Performance is all over the place atm but my word the particle effects are insane

6. Vega

Wise Guy

Ya the graphics are the best in any game I've seen. 4K Ultra with HDR1600, the explosions of tank battles etc right in my face searing my eyeballs it's glorious. Having a ton of fun despite the game having serious flaws.

Even with an overclocked RTX 3090 on 4K Ultra I get dips down to 65-70 FPS in mad chaos, but this is one of the few games that the FPS drops are worth it! Raise my game rating to 7/10.

7. rumple9

Gangster

I'm loving it dunno what everyone is complaining about

8. =XDC=FluphyBunny

Mobster

You can enjoy it (had a good couple of games though my computer just can’t run it well enough) but if you think this game is anything more than in a beta state your expectations are incredibly low!

The biggest worry is they are still pushing for the Apex/cod crowd.

9. Tom|Nbk

Capodecina

Yea I'm also really enjoying it of the 6 hours I've played I've had fun.

10. Tom|Nbk

Capodecina

Thank you for your permission to enjoy it.

11. HRL

Wise Guy

Well I paid less than £40 and I had a blast last night.

It’s been a long time since I last played a BF game and this one does feel like a change from the previous games. Performance seems pretty good @ 4K with a 5950X/3090, but is the rubber banding that people are referring to where your movement is fine for a few seconds, then you spend a second walking through treacle, then it’s back up to speed? Encountered that a fair bit last night and I hope it’s something that will be fixed pretty sharpish as it lets the whole thing down.

The hovercraft are ridiculous though. Spawned one in myself and then spent an entire round just trying to run people over out of curiosity and nobody managed to destroy it, so somethings not right there as it was repeatedly shot to bits by large numbers of people. Since when did hovercraft become indestructible!?!

Didn’t try to climb buildings in it but I’ve seen videos of those that have. Still not sure how that slipped through testing!

If the rubber banding is fixed, I can see myself playing it a lot.

12. Deluxe1

Soldato

It has it's flaws but none the less me and the group of lads I play with are enjoying it.

13. chroniclard

Capodecina

Still can

14. FirebarUK

Soldato

Amusingly I think all EA/DICE needed to do here was take BF3 Portal mode and just expand it with more weapons, maps and scale. Then they'd have the "Battlefield is Back" nailed.

15. Neil79

Caporegime

Yes it's buggy, yes at times these bugs royally ** me off. But I've had more fun in Battlefield 2042 than I've had in an entre year I've played with the mass cheating PRO warzone! I can't remember the last time my team mates were laughing in a game! But they seriously need to get on top of the performance, I shouldn't have to run LOW-MEDIUM on an RTX 2070 Super!

16. adam cool dude

Capodecina

That's the same as saying I didn't like catching syphilis but herpes is better.

The whole accepting mediocrity and rubbish really has to change as otherwise nothing will change.

17. Neil79

Caporegime

So what do YOU expect me to do then? Just don't play anything at all?

18. antony brissett

Associate

im still waiting for it to be 30 quid

19. pugheaven

Mobster

Played for 2 hours last night... first time I've ever thought what boring maps and how BAD they look... bar the BETA one which looks terrific and feels like it's finished, the other maps are just open flat boring landscapes... snow one is poor, the desert with the tall badly rendered buildings... I mean... some of the textures look like something from Half Life 2... I'm astounded they've put it out looking like this tbh.

I loved the beta... really did... and came into this so excited but the 6-7 maps played last night, only enjoyed the beta one... the rest were dull where barely any sky battles like in 3/4... maybe it'll grow on me but the graphics in places are unaacpetable for a AAA title when 3/4/5 all BLEW ME AWAY this is a backwards step

20. pugheaven

Mobster

Strange you think that I think it's the worst looking BF release I've seen maybe the 7 maps I played last night I got the worst ones but none of them look finished?