*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
Ive had more bugs on this since its "full release" than its early release, its doing my bloody head in, from game just not letting you respawn requiring full alt+f4 job to continuous sliding for no reason, sack of **** it experience so far

Associate
Spent 6 hours playing it yesterday, was good fun, I really enjoyed it. Needs to have a few bugs fixed, like the bleed out glitch that does not allow to spawn again.
I just wish developers would finish a game properly before releasing it, like they did in the old days. Instead of using us end users to find all the bugs and glitches.

Caporegime
Ya the graphics are the best in any game I've seen. 4K Ultra with HDR1600, the explosions of tank battles etc right in my face searing my eyeballs it's glorious. Having a ton of fun despite the game having serious flaws.

The game isn't even on par graphically with bfv which is a 3 year old game now, not sure what game you're playing that looks so good. Even geometry and textures on some levels are a massive downgrade.

Last edited:
Thank you for your permission to enjoy it.

lol try reading my response again. Your childish response makes no sense . The fact you paid for the game seems to make you feel you can’t call out it’s many faults. It’s no wonder these games are released in this state with people like you defending them. At least the shill youtubers get paid

Shame this thread has descended into raging about the game rather than news/constructive comments

it’s difficult to be constructive about a game been sold in this state.

They need to fix the join on squad. If people I know are in a full squad I should still be able to one click join from within the game into the same server.

Portal needs to count towards unlocks. Most of the game is locked behind portal. locking out progression is ridiculous.

Also portal still randomly fires up with 160 plus ping. At least it shows in the search now for everyone and not just randomly for some and not others.

Hovercrafts. Just lol.

SMGs. Make assault rifles pointless.

etc etc etc etc

there’s a Reddit thread which lists the issues and it’s HUGE! See if I can find later.

Angryjoes YouTube review is also spot on. NSFW though.

There’s a good game behind all the rubbish but issues are so many it’s a real worry if they will address them.

V F

V F

Soldato
That's some crazy list.

here's a list of absolutely everything either removed or downgraded from previous games in 2042 said:
dit: Thanks to the efforts of u/007Silvertoe, we have a community survey based on this list! Please find time to go take it and give the post an upvote so dice sees it!

I'm seeing some people genuinely enjoying that game, and that's great! I want 2042 to be the best game it can be, but the sheer amount of **** that's either missing or just downright worse is astounding so here we go:

(For clarity I'm talking about only the base game content, not portal, although much of this list applies to both)

Core Features
  • No single-player story/campaign mode

• No standard server browser

• Fewer standardized game modes (Can't even play TDM or smaller scale modes without relying on community servers. Really?)

• No standard hardcore mode

• No persistent lobbies (seriously why do I have to matchmake after EVERY round?)

• Fewer in-game assignments

• No class system

• Less character customization options (than BF5)

• No profile progress/stats page in the menu

• No battle log/stats tracker for other players

• No global leader boards

• No dog tags (they still sort of exist I guess?)

• No custom emblems

• No cross-game profile screen (BF 4, HL, 1, and V were all linked by a menu if you owned them digitally, was a neat feature.)

• No spectator mode

• No permanent community servers (would be useful for clans and events)

• No Central US servers

• No test range (this one is sort of compensated for with single payer servers vs bots)
Infantry Gameplay
  • Fewer guns (even including all the portal guns, BF4 still had more at launch)

• Fewer infantry gadgets

• No manual leaning

• No diving while swimming

• No high wall vaulting

• No crouch sprinting

• No backwards prone

• No explosion knockback

• No rolling after falling from heights

• No ammo or health pickup off teammates

• No scope zeroing

• No tiered reloads/paused reloads

• No melee weapon choices

• No thermal optics

• No indirect fire gadgets

• Less anti-tank launchers (Come on man only one?)

• No lock-on launchers (The M5 works with the SOFLAM but that requires 2 people)

• No AP mines/claymores

• No suppression mechanic (This one I don't mind but I'm including everything)

• No first person takedown animations (whether this is a downgrade is up for debate, but I think it is)
Vehicles
  • Fewer vehicle types (and separate vehicle progression per faction even though they are functionally identical... why???)

• No naval vehicles (Except I guess the hovercraft technically)

• No vehicle gunner direction indicator

• No lock on direction indicator

• No unoccupied seat indicator on friendly vehicles

• No vehicle enter/exit animations

• No tank turret decoupling (This was so great in BF4!)

• Less vehicle driver/pilot customization options

• No tank zoom customization options

• No tank gunner customization options

• No heli gunner secondary weapons

• No separate heli/fixed-wing controls

• No rocket aiming reticle for helictopters

• No control input while looking behind/free looking in aircraft (BF1 and V pilots, this one is gonna absolutely suck for you guys)

• No joystick/non-generic gamepad support

• General consensus seems to be that the helicopter and fixed wing flight models are a step down from BF4.

• No behemoths
Scoring System
  • No squad wipe scoring

• No player damage points

• No vehicle damage points

• No vehicle kill assist points

• No headshot bonus

• No long-range kill bonus

• No assist counts as kill bonus

• No multi-kill bonus

• No killstreak stopped bonus

• No comeback bonus

• No squad objective play bonus

• Oversimplified teamplay scoring (i.e. healing a teammate always gives you a flat +5xp rather than being based on how much you heal them)
Squad and Teamwork
  • No commander

• No special squad call-in abilities

• No squad field upgrades

• No in-game VOIP (coming soonTM)

• Fewer factions (with almost nothing to give the 2 factions any distinction)

• No cross-team chat

• No team changing

• No "create new squad" option

• No self protmot to squad lead using "request order"

• No clans/platoons (coming soonTM)

• No view of squadmates while in the spawn screen

• No "Medic incoming" indicator in downed state (coming soonTM)

• No rank names/icons, just a number.
Maps
  • Lack of persistent servers means poor map rotation (I played for 10 hours and never saw Kaleidescope, Orbital, or Breakaway)

• Fewer base game maps (not including portal maps)

• No static weapon emplacements

• Fewer destructible buildings

• Very poor balance between vehicle and infantry gameplay

• No infantry focused maps

• No game changing levolution

• Absolutely zero cover between capture zones

• Poor spawn points (Constantly spawning in the open/visible to enemies)

• No fortification building (given how open all the maps are, this could have been super useful)

• Fewer urban areas

• No naval maps
UI and Quality of Life
  • Less control customization options

• Less UI customization options

• No HUD/icon opacity customization

• No HUD scaling customization options

• No gunsight reticle customization options

• No network performance graph

• No individual player scoreboard

• No ability to zoom in on the spawn map

• Less detail in the 'who killed you' screen

• Less ultrawide monitor support (hud ratio is locked in at 16:9)

• Very poor friend joining system (Lack of server browser makes playing with more than 4 friends completely impossible)

• Poor console aim assist (big fat **** you to console players there, dice. Hopefully this will come with the D1 patch)

• No in game crossplay toggle option (you have to change your global console settings)
Audio
  • General consensus seems to be the audio design is bad, especially compared to both BF3 and BF1.

• 3D soundscape is almost non-exsistent

• Less impactful soundtrack (menu music is very dull and repetitive)

• End of round music is dull and uninteresting (compared to BF1 and V this is a big downgrade)

• End of round voicelines are just so tone-deaf and awful. I can't describe how much I hate them. (Tried to keep the rest of the list objective, but I had to add this. You guys understand)
Special thanks to u/mikelowreyatl for his post as well.

Also check out u/GreenyMyMan 's video with good visualization of lots of these things.

Disclaimer
Not all of these points necessarily belong in the game, some of them have arguably been removed for good reason, but I just wanna make it clear that 2042 could have been so much better, in both QOL and gameplay.

This game really feels like it was hastily slapped together without any attempt to improve or innovate on past ideas. Almost like many of the core features were an afterthought, and the big selling points like tornadoes and 128 player servers were so important that they forgot to flesh out the smaller details.

Portal really is the saving grace but it's a shame we have to rely so heavily on user-created servers to fill in so many of the gaps missing from the base game, and portal isn't going going hold that status forever.

Edit: if I'm wrong on any of these or if you guys think of anything else, post it in the comments and I'll edit them in

Edit 2: Reorganized the list to be more legible and coherent.

Edit 3: Some of y'all have given me an idea, I'm going to set a reminder to repost this list in 6 months' time and we'll compare how the game holds up, and how much has been fixed. I'd love for you guys to follow along!

Edit 4: guys stop it with the awards! I'm at 69!

Edit 5: Added an audio category

Edit 6: Added maps category

Soldato
I was getting horrible performance and have just set "GstRender.Dx12Enabled 1" and "GstRender.RaytracingAmbientOcclusion 0" in the Cfg file and its running brilliantly and stutter free now, can anyone confirm?

Running Ultra at 1440p with DLSS quality with 5900x and 3800.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I think a lot of what is 'missing' is to make a less convoluted game experience overall. Dice have to go with the current market, and BF has to stand up against Warzone and Fortnite.

Caporegime
I think a lot of what is 'missing' is to make a less convoluted game experience overall. Dice have to go with the current market, and BF has to stand up against Warzone and Fortnite.

We already know its been drastically dumbed down, but there are questions that remain as to why. It's not like any of the previous games were overly complex in any way so removing a lot of what they did makes no sense from a complexity point of view.

Back
Top Bottom