*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
As long as they released something on time to get paid, that's all the thought that went into it, same every year, but every year people seem surprised it's WIP (at best) POS.

Caporegime
As long as they released something on time to get paid, that's all the thought that went into it, same every year, but every year people seem surprised it's WIP (at best) POS.

It's never really been that much of a surprise for the battlefield series, though it's different with each release as to how bad of a state they launch in.

Associate
This game has a million problems but I really can't get over the horrible design of the maps. Barren wastelands, they look like they were auto generated by a program and not a human. Not to mention that everything is brand new, buildings, roads etc, where's the atmosphere? Is this a war or an architectural contest?

Have you seen the desert map (Hourglass), it looks like it's from a mobile game from 2005.

And someone said here that this game has the best looking graphics ever? Just lol.

Soldato
Kaleidoscope to me seems completely broken. Essentially when it gets to the last two points, you have half of the server at the top of the building and the other half at the bottom, and both teams are just messing around not doing much for like 15 mins until the tickets run out. For me it's the worst BF map of all time.

Discarded is actually ok.
The main issue is, you have a skyscraper and the only way up is through a few elevators and some zip lines... where the opposing team could have potentially 64 guns aimed towards you so there is zero chance of you getting up there alive. The only real way is to have a heli or plane dive bomb the crap out of the rooftop then have your team zip line across to get a foothold... But of course this will never work because there's no teamwork! no coordination! no communication!

Soldato
This game has a million problems but I really can't get over the horrible design of the maps. Barren wastelands, they look like they were auto generated by a program and not a human. Not to mention that everything is brand new, buildings, roads etc, where's the atmosphere? Is this a war or an architectural contest?

Have you seen the desert map (Hourglass), it looks like it's from a mobile game from 2005.

And someone said here that this game has the best looking graphics ever? Just lol.
Nah the graphics are pants tbh, on some screens and areas it looks like a game from 2006, probably to compensate for the extreme size of the map and players on map.

Soldato
Do you know what would be really really good? If they had BF 2142 in the portal like they have now with the older BF titles for us to play, i would be on that like flies around crap to revisit a classic i loved so much.

Associate
Never regretted buying a game so much lol i can live with some of the bugs..but hit reg and performance is totally ruining it for me, i have had some fun playing but so wish i could get a refund lol i think the game will take at least 6 months to become playable

Dont really mind the maps like some people do, they are ok to me, not amazing but playable, my gpu sitting at 50% to 70% usage is something i cant live with though, even with gsync the drops down to 58fps are jarring and the mouse feels weird when it drops

Soldato
Complain all you want but ultimately you lot keep handing your money over to EA for this tripe yet people expect to be treated differently on the next release? I just checked the Steam store, this game want to play this game with all the content costs £100! Just what sort of hold does EA have have people to make them think this is acceptable?

Back
Top Bottom