*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
Same for me, I have to push the resolution up to something stupid just to get 90% gpu usage and even then I'm dropping below 60fps. On a 3090 :-|
Got to the config file and ensure DX12 is enabled and anything that mentions raytracing in there is off.

I did this and all the stutters and hitches went. It's almost as if some of the main settings are broken.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Got to the config file and ensure DX12 is enabled and anything that mentions raytracing in there is off.

I did this and all the stutters and hitches went. It's almost as if some of the main settings are broken.

I tried the dx12 thing and it made no difference at all for me.

ne0

ne0

Associate
I don't understand how they can release battlefield game after battlefield game and STILL have things like server issues and hit marker registration issues. Surely that stuff should be par for the course for them by now? It's like they throw everything away and start from scratch every time.

ne0

ne0

Associate
As if the hovercraft wasnt overpowered enough
  • Fixed an issue where a player driving the Hovercraft can not be shot through the front window

Soldato
Playing this last night on my 6900 XT and was getting over 90-100 fps @ 3440 x 1440 on high settings. However it was stuttering like mad when the level first loaded and it would crash every so often (I probably had 5/6 crashes in a couple of hours).

I read someone saying run the game “as admin” as it solved their issues. So I tried it tonight and it worked. It ran smooth, I had no crashes and I was getting over 120fps. Obviously might not be a fix for others but found it strange that it even worked!

Caporegime
I found that disabling DLSS in this title not only improved image quality (expectable) but also smoothened out gameplay by noticeably reducing stuttering. That's a first for me. I've always been fond of DLSS as an acceptable compromise to image quality to gain performance.

Cause dlss introduces cpu overhead and this game is purely cpu limited.

First I've heard of DLSS actually being worse in a game for performance :rolleyes:

ALSO

I was on Discord last night with 2 of my buddies, who have the game still. We were able to go into the PROFSAVE_profile, and tweak the sound settings. SoundSystemSize was set default to 20. We upped those to 128. And we set the GstAudio.Volume_SFX to 5.0. default was 1.0. At the default 1.0 setting, SFX were way to low/muffled sounding. Set to 5.0 this really help the ingame SFX sounds and weapon sounds immensely. As well, we turned off the Announcer Voice. Announcer Voice seems to mute ingame sounds every time the Idiot starts to talk. There really are issues with the ingame sounds that drasticly need to be worked out. Really hope they fix them. All they need to do is look at Modern Warfare 2019s ingame and Weap sounds. Then adjust 2042s accordingly.
Anyways, I decided to rebuy the game in light of the tweaks we did. Weap sounds are now decent enough with much better punch. Not perfect, but way better than stock for us. .

Soldato
Jayz2cents did a youtube review last week and showed there was no difference in perfomance between DLSS off or on, so it's broken in this game

I'm not convinced that when you make graphical changes in the games UI always work and reflect back on the Cfg files.

Back
Top Bottom