*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
I expected a massive spike in current players due to people testing the new patch. It's sitting around 29k which is the rough average so far. Maybe it will pick up at 6ish? Will be interesting to see.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I was a bit naive and avoided reading previews and playing the official beta.

Once I bought it I discovered there was no SP campaign and they’d turned this into a hybrid Fortnite/Battlefield. Not amazingly impressed TBH.

In fact it’s so bad currently I’ve just bought COD Vanguard for the PS5 and it feels like a breath of fresh air. Never thought I’d say that about a COD game!

V F

V F

Soldato
I was a bit naive and avoided reading previews and playing the official beta.

Once I bought it I discovered there was no SP campaign and they’d turned this into a hybrid Fortnite/Battlefield. Not amazingly impressed TBH.

In fact it’s so bad currently I’ve just bought COD Vanguard for the PS5 and it feels like a breath of fresh air. Never thought I’d say that about a COD game!

To think Battlefield was once the top tier game over Call of Duty.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Seems like the new patch has screwed this game for me:( Unable to load persistant data. Worked fine last night.

Soldato
So after this update I'm getting issues I never had before, the game just locked up and crashed to desktop - (happened twice today) never happened before since the early launch.

I also can no longer bind mouse 3 and mouse 4 to crouch/grenades, and my flight stick won't bind the axis anymore for the choppers :(

(yeah I did what they said and deleted the stuff in the settings folder)

Associate
Does anyone else get a random change to knife bug? It always happens when I commo-rose spot and sometimes just completely randomly. Also, why when I spot something does the character go “ignore my last”, or some gibberish variation of that. I had a few good games for a few hours, but I can’t deal with it anymore. I upgrade my review score from 3/10 to 5/10, only because I grew to like some of the new maps after a few rounds.

just can’t be bothered to boot it up.

Associate
The game is crashing your PC or the PC is crashing in general?

It reboots the PC! I can soometimes get a couple of games between reboots

There was talk on the forms about dodgy power supplies, i've had mine for about 8 years. 800W and PSU calcs reckon i only need 500W.

Caporegime
It reboots the PC! I can soometimes get a couple of games between reboots

There was talk on the forms about dodgy power supplies, i've had mine for about 8 years. 800W and PSU calcs reckon i only need 500W.
If it’s 8 years old it’s highly likely it’s efficiency has dropped markedly and it could even be on the verge of complete failure.

Soldato
Just found an interesting bug that's reproducible, managed it three times in about 5 attempts.

When I die and i'm waiting to be revived - I hit esc to go into the options menu, game instantly hard-crashes to desktop.

Associate
If you're getting the persistence data error, go into :
My Documents > battlefield 2042 > settings

Delete the 2 files in there. It does reset your settings which is a bit of a pain, but at least you can now join games

Soldato
Hi guys, is anyone else having issues today? Have they broken the game for everyone?

I installed patch 3 today and now I can't join any servers as I'm getting error 1004g.

Also I went to play against AI instead and that worked but when the map started my keyboard and mouse don't work so I can't do anything.

Is anyone else experiencing all this? The game is completely broken for me and as of today and I've been playing since release with no issues. :(

Back
Top Bottom