*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Well the performance doesnt seem that great at 1440p no matter the settings I put it on.

Ive tried everything from "Low" to "Max Fidelity" and its always 60-80fps. Sometimes up to 100fps if im lucky. I dont know why its so low.

Associate
Got this weird bug where my gun is auto firing as soon as I spawn without my left mouse button being pressed. Have to figure that one out.

Performance is pretty terrible. On Ultra 4K, I get close to half the performance of Ultra 4K BFV. And stuttering. Hopefully they fix that.

The audio is pretty amazing.

Soldato
Not played the game yet, But from what I've seen live streamed just now the game seems VERY underwhelming!
Map way too big. Way too open, Laggy as hell, the AI is a joke,. They should have stuck to 64 vs 64 REAL PLAYERS and done away with the stupid bots.

Associate
Ya the bots are a super turn off. I was hoping for a modern BF3 re-hash but this isn't looking like it.

Bots
Sliding
Grappling Hooks

etc, all stupid gimmicks that only detract.

Underboss
Don't the bots only appear until a real player joins the server? So when the server is full it's full of people?

The AI is trash though, thought I was elite earlier when I got a 7 bang, then saw the (AI) bit.

Soldato
The softness of the audio is annoying me now, my footsteps are the same volume as a tank right next to me, and there's a memory leak after 3 round loose about 30fps average.

Love the grappling hook had some really next flanks on people on rooftops, sniper doesn't seem interesting, but like the medics pistol.

All gun play is nice takes some mastering, overall I think they've just about got this right.

Associate
Definitely not picking this up and sticking with my private servers on BF4. I've had a few hours with it today and it's just not gripping me. Underwhelming in pretty much every way.

Can I make it to 10 years of playing BF4 before they make a better game?

Man of Honour
Love the grappling hook had some really next flanks on people on rooftops

Me too, it provides different approach options and different methods of assaulting a well defended position and anything which does that is only a good thing imo. Beats just running at a point in the same way, from the same direction and method over and over.

Associate
Got this weird bug where my gun is auto firing as soon as I spawn without my left mouse button being pressed. Have to figure that one out.

Performance is pretty terrible. On Ultra 4K, I get close to half the performance of Ultra 4K BFV. And stuttering. Hopefully they fix that.

Exactly the same with me. Can't play as my gun is just mag-dumping the second I spawn in. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Can't play as my gun is just mag-dumping the second I spawn in.

I can't be sure it is the same one but that is an old old bug - if they haven't fixed that after all this time.........

Don't think I have the energy to bother with the beta - nothing I've seen so far has given me any hope.

Soldato
im in the same boat but with a 970 :p i just downloaded the beta and waiting until the 8th when its open to everyone to test it out
really need an upgrade but no way im paying current prices so i might have to miss this one for a while until things settle down

I just tested this game as I didn't realise I could get access through EA Play. Other people may get a better experience but for me, sadly it's going to have to be a miss. Low settings give around 60-70FPS which obviously works but doesn't look too pretty, and it just didn't feel smooth. Anything medium and above, my FPS just tanks. Looks like finally my GPU has been left behind.

I'm not upgrading as I don't plan on playing intense games, I'll get to this whenever I manage to get a better PC. I tend to play older games anyway, so doesn't really affect me much. It's a little disappointing though as DICE games have always looked good and being very well optimised even on my aging machine.

Caporegime
Honestly the big bad tornado is really....pretty pish. Maybe it has something to do with not that many real structures on this map but people just run towards it so they can go on essentially a fairground ride. It's meant to be something you're afraid of, but in reality people are using it as a big slingshot to fart ass around in parachutes.

Soldato

Exactly the same with me. Can't play as my gun is just mag-dumping the second I spawn in. :rolleyes:

You ne3ed to go into keyboard binds and delete (by holding escape) the bind for a controller. And do it for gunner in vehicles as well.

Back
Top Bottom