1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by jonneymendoza, 13 Feb 2021.

1. GhostWKD

Wise Guy

This is a great shout actually, I had exactly the same experience a couple of times

2. Gerard

Caporegime

Go play an infantry only game then if you don't like vehicles. Really amazes me that someone considers a 60 tonne tank to be "op" vs infantry, i mean who'd have thought it?

3. McBain

Capodecina

Infantry are there to be farmed in BF, nothing new whatsoever.

4. Andr3w

Capodecina

Not even ONCE have I been able to open the map yet in game - anyone else?

Also, when a gunner or passenger in a vehicle does it feel to anyone else like the tank/car is just 'jittering' around everywhere? It's horrible and almost impossible to aim with how it moves around.

5. Gerard

Caporegime

The map ingame doesn't open yet, it's only a mini map in the current build.

6. lnoton

Mobster

controllers do fail. my old vertex from 2011 died from that.

7. Andr3w

Capodecina

This is up there with one of the worst shooters I have played in recent years. I understand that it's a beta, but the main game will not be far off this. So disappointed :(

8. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Hows the beta? any good? whats peoples first impressions?

9. Junglist

Sgarrista

My C: drive is installed on a 250GB Samsung from maybe 2012-13! It's days must be numbered.

10. Tombstone

Capodecina

Impressions are as follows :

Person 1 - Its good, I'm enjoying it, looking forward to release, liking it more than BF1/V
    Person 2 - Its terrible, literally the worst game in computing history
    Person 3 - Its pretty good, got a few issues but the beta build is 3 months old so hopefully those will be addressed by release
    Person 4 - Its basically a copy/paste of Warzone
    Person 5 - Theres no scoreboard, how can I show off to people how awesome my k/d is
    Person 6 - Is this the new Valheim expansion?

11. Tombstone

Capodecina

Contrarily, I'm finding that I am enjoying it far more than I enjoyed the BF1 or BFV beta's , which I guess makes it one of the better Battlefield games I have played in recent years ;)

12. Game

Wise Guy

with maps like this abortion for 2042 being one of the smaller ones that is sadly true again

13. Game

Wise Guy

person 4 sounds like a simpleton played 5 rounds last night and said bugger this and then enjoyed some warzone

14. Tombstone

Capodecina

Yeah its one of the more "wtf??" statements about the game but I've already seen several people making the claim. Probably employees of Call of Duty who are just trying to poo-poo BF :) Either that or those people that we have all encountered before who just like to moan about everything for the sake of moaning about something

15. Gerard

Caporegime

Seems to be a very marmite game currently.

16. Tombstone

Capodecina

Yup, thats how I've labelled it. Some love it, some hate it. Which of course doesnt really help people much when it comes to trying to gather opinions on it. Most of the big FPS streamers like it but of course the counter to that from the people who dont like it is that they are all shills, so that doesnt help people much either. I'd say try the open beta, keep in mind that its a 3 month old build, see if you like the general game itself and can overlook the issues as things that will be fixed, before making a purchasing decision. Or wait a couple of months post release and see what the general thoughts are (though that does make things a bit more tough as you are then going in to fight people who have learned the maps etc by then)

17. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I always wanted them to dispense with K/D in the hope that people will play it as a team game.

18. Tombstone

Capodecina

Me too, its why I was ecstatic to see that there was no general scoreboard in this, its SO good to not see one of those. Personally I wouldnt be surprised if there are some people who are so against the game purely because they cant show off their K/D

19. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

LOL, you've just dealt a direct blow to some of the BF3 and BF4 players on here.

20. Tombstone

Capodecina

:D I've been against K/Ds in team based shooters pretty much from the day they came into being. Theres only one score which should be relevant in a team based game and thats the team score.