*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Me too, its why I was ecstatic to see that there was no general scoreboard in this, its SO good to not see one of those. Personally I wouldnt be surprised if there are some people who are so against the game purely because they cant show off their K/D

im not bothered either way about a general scoreboard, but with it gone is there no way to see if theres some obvious cheater going 100-1 etc?
thats all i really used it for anyway, well also to see myself playing a medic and getting higher score than the typical camper with a high k/d lol

Associate
Played for a couple of hours last night. Enjoyed myself being back in a new modern battlefield game.
So far:
Good - map size, on the fly attachments mechanic, equipment choice - want ammo take an ammo pack, want first aid take a med pack etc.
Bad - option menu clunky, option menu static noise (bug or actual design?), hit indicator colour palette sliders useless (use something similar to the BF4 gameplay RGB slider options), crouch slide mechanic cooldown to be adjusted so that it can only really be used twice per game or just get rid of it. Battlefield bunny hopping is enough, who needs arse wiping sliders everywhere :cry:
Overall i am positive and will play for a couple of hours a day during the beta. Plenty of bugs to squash for DICE :D

Caporegime
From what I read on Reddit the UI has had another makeover since this build and looks much better apparently. I enjoyed my games last night, much, much improved with a squad that spawns on each other and works together like the old 3 & 4 days. I don’t actually like the on the fly weapon changes as the game forgets between rounds and you stand still to change them. It’s also been seen that if you have an LMG for example it’s quicker to change magazine type than reload!

Associate
Yeah its one of the more "wtf??" statements about the game but I've already seen several people making the claim. Probably employees of Call of Duty who are just trying to poo-poo BF :) Either that or those people that we have all encountered before who just like to moan about everything for the sake of moaning about something

dont get me wrong In general I have prefered battlefield over the years the only bit similar is tactical sprint

b

Soldato
Me too, its why I was ecstatic to see that there was no general scoreboard in this, its SO good to not see one of those. Personally I wouldnt be surprised if there are some people who are so against the game purely because they cant show off their K/D
what are you guys smoking theres a scoredboard for me with Kill & death numbers And leader board

Pause Squad/TEAm i think it was shows both sides with numbers

Associate

why ??? the only reason to play conquest is to get best SQUAD and top the charts not in it for the experiance want to grind the other team into dust

KD is not what puts you top score puts you at the top yes you might see a whole squad on 40-4 scores but they have died and been ressed a 100 times each in one round

now some gimp sitting on a hill with a sniper /tank or a helicopter farming kills(while imune to nearly everything ) they are the plague on battlefield

Last edited:
Associate
what are you guys smoking theres a scoredboard for me with Kill & death numbers And leader board

Pause Squad/TEAm i think it was shows both sides with numbers

I may be wrong, but can't you only see the kills, assists, and revives of your squad? The other squads, you can only see the squads entire contribution and not the individual player. You can also only see your deaths.

Man of Honour
im not bothered either way about a general scoreboard, but with it gone is there no way to see if theres some obvious cheater going 100-1 etc?
thats all i really used it for anyway, well also to see myself playing a medic and getting higher score than the typical camper with a high k/d lol

I would hope that the flip side of that is that with no scoreboard to show off how "leet" they are, it will lessen the desire to cheat. After all, whats the point in going 100-1 if nobody can see that you have :)

Man of Honour
I may be wrong, but can't you only see the kills, assists, and revives of your squad? The other squads, you can only see the squads entire contribution and not the individual player. You can also only see your deaths.

Yup, thats all I see too, perhaps @smogsy can take a screenshot showing the individual players?

Man of Honour
why ??? the only reason to play conquest is to get best SQUAD and top the charts not in it for the experiance want to grind the other team into dust

KD is not what puts you top score puts you at the top yes you might see a whole squad on 40-4 scores but they have died and been ressed a 100 times each in one round

now some gimp sitting on a hill with a sniper /tank or a helicopter farming kills(while imune to nearly everything ) they are the plague on battlefield

That might be YOUR only reason to do it, my reason to do it is to have fun with my mates in an online shooter. Hell my partner plays in our squads and is hopeless, are you suggesting that I kick them from our squad because they aren't doing well??

Scores are all good and well but lets be honest at the end of a round hardly anyone comments that someone scored 23,650 points, they comment that they got 42-2 K/D. So how about this for a compromise then, show a scoreboard which shows only the points. Theres no need for a K/D as it proves nothing given that as you rightly point out a team could hold a flag purely because they have a really good medic at the flag yet that medic gets no kills medic'ing, so only show the points each player has achieved in that round which is much more relevant than their kills.

sidenote - if someone is farming in a helicopter in BF2042 its because nobody has bothered to use the EMP charge on the drones on them

Associate
That might be YOUR only reason to do it, my reason to do it is to have fun with my mates in an online shooter. Hell my partner plays in our squads and is hopeless, are you suggesting that I kick them from our squad because they aren't doing well??

Scores are all good and well but lets be honest at the end of a round hardly anyone comments that someone scored 23,650 points, they comment that they got 42-2 K/D. So how about this for a compromise then, show a scoreboard which shows only the points. Theres no need for a K/D as it proves nothing given that as you rightly point out a team could hold a flag purely because they have a really good medic at the flag yet that medic gets no kills medic'ing, so only show the points each player has achieved in that round which is much more relevant than their kills.

a squad of average players can top out the leaderboards would rather have your partner who played as a squad player than some random running around in the hills solo

as for winning thats the old cs player in me k/d as such has never bothered me that much its not a reflection on how well you have done

dont forget the the chat will be full of people being abusive gits ::) but at least we can report them now managed to get 3 banned in 4 days playing rocket league with the same reporting system

Man of Honour
a squad of average players can top out the leaderboards would rather have your partner who played as a squad player than some random running around in the hills solo

You are overestimating my partner, when I say "hopeless" I mean "hopeless" , not even much use as a squad player :D However I still wouldnt kick them because they are dragging the squad down, its playing with them that is why I game not for wins or to be the best. I've no use for being the best these days

Associate
Will Battlefield 2042 have Domination and TDM?

I always play the BF games but I don't like the big conquest maps like the one that's in the beta.

its hard to say didnt spot anywhere on the beta map that would be suitable for either of those game modes

Man of Honour
Will Battlefield 2042 have Domination and TDM?

I always play the BF games but I don't like the big conquest maps like the one that's in the beta.

I am not sure that they have explicitly said yet what other modes will be in it but I wouldnt be surprised if there is something else which fits your tastes rather than Conquest

Back
Top Bottom