*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
it got released in a beta for people to whine about... lol

These days that applies to just about every game ever released, the only game I can think of this year that was met with universal adulation is Valheim but even now opinions on that have changed dramatically. Whether that says more about the gaming industry or about the gamers, or a mixture of both, I leave to the reader to decide :)

On an unrelated note, I really should learn to use multiquote more, trouble is that I tend to reply to a post as I read it in the thread and then continue on with the thread. I must get out of that habit.

Associate
I would agree that the map is on the big side if it only involved infantry but it doesnt, so thats fine. Bear in mind that I hardly ever get into a combat vehicle (land or air) so most of my stuff is done on foot or in summoned light vehicles, as I say it doesnt take me longer than probably 30 secs to run from one flag to the next flag and imo thats absolutely fine. Helicopters can be quite reasonably countered by EMP drones but a lot of people havent learned that yet

not tried the emp drone on one yet going to have a good play tomoz

dont mind combined arms but have no intrest in using the vehicles as a squad

maybe they will have something like rotterdam ect one release

but my main worry is that at least two of the maps are massivly bigger than this one

Associate
These days that applies to just about every game ever released, the only game I can think of this year that was met with universal adulation is Valheim but even now opinions on that have changed dramatically. Whether that says more about the gaming industry or about the gamers, or a mixture of both, I leave to the reader to decide :)

On an unrelated note, I really should learn to use multiquote more, trouble is that I tend to reply to a post as I read it in the thread and then continue on with the thread. I must get out of that habit.

got it on the hype played about 10 hours ;)

Man of Honour
not tried the emp drone on one yet going to have a good play tomoz

dont mind combined arms but have no intrest in using the vehicles as a squad

maybe they will have something like rotterdam ect one release

but my main worry is that at least two of the maps are massivly bigger than this one

conversely my main worry is that at least two of the maps will be massively smaller than this one, I must be one of the few people on the planet who utterly detested Metro :D

Associate

People just skip them, if you ever want to jump into a game quick on BF5 just choose Al Sundan or Panzerstorm. They're never populated by infantry players for this exact reason.

Associate
As I said in my op that that was after an hour's play and not being familiar with the map. I'm keeping an open mind on the game though. I've played BF since BF2 so I imagine I will buy this at some point. I do like large, open maps as well. I think I have just got away from the BF gameplay and with less time to game, I haven't take the same interest in this to previous BF titles. Come the winter though!

Last edited:
Associate
this is gna be the same as the last few battlefields/battlefront, turd on launch and then really good after 3 years of updates lmao, right now the game is just so meh its not bad not good it just feels average in every way

zia

zia

Associate
Played it for good few hrs but for me i didn't think Dice could **** up bf franchise any worse but they've succeded.
tanks feel exatcly like bf5,
menu system is exactly same even has same fov quirk
removing the class system is a failure.
performance is miserable.
good old bc2/bf3/bf4 dice game will not be matched or replicated even thou this is an attempt to bring back those hugely popular games feel like another cash grab..

Zia

Soldato
Oh no, I agree..in fact no opinion (on anything) is the 'correct' one because its an opinion.

I'm sure there will be smaller maps but hopefully nothing too small, if I want small maps where I am constantly running into other players I would play Call of Duty, I play Battlefield specifically for the big maps

When I say I want the maps smaller I don't mean like Metro and operation Locker.

But maps like Parcel Storm, Hainan Resort, Rogue Transmission, Flood zone, Dawnbreaker, Caspian Border and Lancang Dam were all a blast. They had the right mix of verticality, vehicles still worked really well on them but they also had plenty of interesting routes through winding alleys or through apartments.

This map just feels big and barren for the sake of being bigger. There is very little interesting going on or to go to other than the point on top of the tower - which is nothing siege of Shanghai didn't manage to have already. There is no option for close range skirmishes and it all looks the same.

Most, not all but certainly a lot of, my issues can probably be attributed to the terrible map but it's got nothing going for it. Unless you spend most of your time in a aircraft or tank, it's pretty boring and most of my playtime is infantry based.

I've spent almost 5 hours with this now in the hopes it would grab me and it still hasn't. Will try and group up with some friends but from the people I know who have played it, no one is thrilled by it

Associate
conversely my main worry is that at least two of the maps will be massively smaller than this one, I must be one of the few people on the planet who utterly detested Metro :D

nope everyone I play with detests metro

a true infantry map is something like rotterdam or one of the town maps

Associate
When I say I want the maps smaller I don't mean like Metro and operation Locker.

But maps like Parcel Storm, Hainan Resort, Rogue Transmission, Flood zone, Dawnbreaker, Caspian Border and Lancang Dam were all a blast. They had the right mix of verticality, vehicles still worked really well on them but they also had plenty of interesting routes through winding alleys or through apartments.

This map just feels big and barren for the sake of being bigger. There is very little interesting going on or to go to other than the point on top of the tower - which is nothing siege of Shanghai didn't manage to have already. There is no option for close range skirmishes and it all looks the same.

Most, not all but certainly a lot of, my issues can probably be attributed to the terrible map but it's got nothing going for it. Unless you spend most of your time in a aircraft or tank, it's pretty boring and most of my playtime is infantry based.

I've spent almost 5 hours with this now in the hopes it would grab me and it still hasn't. Will try and group up with some friends but from the people I know who have played it, no one is thrilled by it

thats how I feel

you summed it up 100%

Associate
As a massive Battlefield 1942, Desert Combat, BF2, Bad company 2 Fan - BF3 was ok - this is terrible, 5 minutes and I closed my client.

Soldato
As a massive Battlefield 1942, Desert Combat, BF2, Bad company 2 Fan - BF3 was ok - this is terrible, 5 minutes and I closed my client.

I felt the same, I'm slowly getting to grips with it but I'm hoping the full release with some better maps will sway me more...

Back
Top Bottom