1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by jonneymendoza, 13 Feb 2021.

1. RussZS

Hitman

I just hope they improve the reviving animation and process - it’s horrible

otherwise, loads of potential there. Not going to judge it until the full release

2. Andr3w

Capodecina

Theres just so many 'main game' things missing from the beta it's hard for me to make a judgement. Simple things like lack of map, squad orders and 'spotting' are bigger parts of the game than I thought.

3. Locky

Capodecina

Also not being able to pick your squad when in game..

4. TriedandTested

Capodecina

I was about to say similar. This beta really is a very small snapshot of what the finished game will be like and include. Looking forward to it.

5. Trox

Mobster

Finally got round to trying this out, one thing that stands out to me is the awful FOV, 90 is like being in a goldfish bowl.

6. Thumpsta

Hitman

I think the FOV slider is wrong. If your after a horizontal 90 fov try 16 on the slider

7. Tombstone

Capodecina

Swap to armour piercing ammo and they die much quicker

8. Delvis

Caporegime

Played this morning on my Larry after playing last night, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Finding the loadout on the main weapons I like now, I only wish it kept that loadout or you could save a loadout on each weapon after you've switched it around.

Really liking being able to switch scopes and the like on the fly. Jumped off a building earlier, parachuted and scoped someone, changed scope landed and got the other guy.

Also found the knack for flying the lil helicopter, it's pretty cool once you get the swing of it.

What gun does that out of interest?

9. Tombstone

Capodecina

Not sure about the other weapons because I only basically use the AK assault rifle but that one has AP ammo as an option. You'd need to check the various ammo clips on the other guns and see which have AP ammo

10. Delvis

Caporegime

Ah ok, not noticed if I'm honest! Cheers

11. MissChief

Capodecina

If you’re running an LMG it’s currently quicker to change magazine type than to reload.

12. Trox

Mobster

Just found out that BF 2042 uses Vertical FOV so 65 to 70 equates to 90-100 horizontal FOV.
    Comes in line with what I started using and looks right to me .

13. foster grant

Soldato

The first day I went on it was fun but on the 2nd day ( not sure if its a bug lol ) I couldnt workout how some players were getting like 50+ kills in about 10 minutes

14. Tombstone

Capodecina

I've not seen that yet, highest person in my squad kill wise has been about 50 by the end of a match and that was because they were in a heli. I assume the 50+ kill guy was in your squad (else you wouldnt have known the 50 kills - dont go by the killstream text because there is a bug where the killstream text gets duplicated which might give a false impression) so maybe if you see it again spawn on them and track them around and see what they are doing.

15. foster grant

Soldato

Yeah you're probably right about it being a bug, I'll have to see how it works out when the game goes full

16. oweneades

Sgarrista

Finally got around to having some time to play a bit of the Beta and whilst I found it enjoyable enough gameplay wise (personally would prefer a more infantry focused map but I get that there will be a mix of map sizes for the final game), the stuttering on my 5900X / 2070Super build at 1080p Ultra settings was horrendous (dropping settings made no appreciable difference to the stuttering even if the overall framerate increased). When it wasn't stuttering it seemed smooth enough (G-sync enabled) but damn.

17. Born_2_Kill_83

Underboss

Uninstalled after 10 hours, can't wait for the full package, hope the performance gets a bit better and they do something with the sound and HUD other than that it's everything I want.

18. Gerard

Caporegime

If they bothered to include actual army skins instead of the game looking like a paintballers weekend out it would be nice.

19. Adam_101

Wise Guy

I enjoyed it and had fun apart from the overpowered helicopters and what not, hope they lower their power slightly.

20. Tombstone

Capodecina

I guess there wasnt much need really to include outfits and cosmetic skins for the beta, I'd expect a lot of different skins and cosmetics in the release version, both free and paid.