*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
The next Battlefield game will be out before the end of 2021. We don't know if it'll be called Battlefield 6 or something else, but we do have a few hits about what to expect. EA is promising to scale up the battles, for instance. Granted, the publisher says something like that every time, but in this case we might actually be talking about an increase in the max player count. 64 has been the magic number since Battlefield 1942 released all the way back in 2002. Is it finally time for a change?

If not in player count, we might see some other transformations in this Battlefield. It'd be a stretch to call Battlefield 5 a failure, but it hasn't exactly been a triumph for EA and DICE, either. Its battle royale mode, Firestorm, didn't take off, and right now, Call of Duty's resurgence as a top FPS series on PC feels like the big story. EA will be looking for something of a comeback, and might be willing to take some risks to achieve it.

We'll get more info sometime this spring, but until then, here's everything we know about Battlefield 6.

source

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/everything-we-know-about-battlefield-6/

bring it on!!!

shall i grab a 3090 for this?[/QUOTE]

Caporegime
Associate
"but in this case we might actually be talking about an increase in the max player count. 64 has been the magic number since Battlefield 1942 released all the way back in 2002. Is it finally time for a change?"
Meh. 64 player is the sweet spot for me, some modes even 32 or 48. Not sure why the fascination for 100 or 124 player servers just because another game has it.

Man of Honour
I don't really get all the hate for BFV; I've spent countless hours, days and weeks playing it; but then given I'm not a huge COD fan I didn't have much choice.
Looking forward to BF6 though; would love a next-gen BF3/BF4 game

Soldato
BF4 was the last one I enjoyed, it was the start of the decline but still enjoyed plenty of hours. BF3 was in my opinion the best I've sank so many hours into that. BF1 and BFV completely lost its way, didnt enjoy BF1 as much, wasnt terrible but just didnt engage me as much as the previous, BFV is just an abomination of a game.
I'll probably give BF6 a miss to begin with, if it looks like its any resembling BFV I wont bother at all.
Do we even know what era its covering yet? I'd prefer to see it go back to more modern setting, anything between 80's and present day would be nice to see. Absolutely not interested in futuristic scifi stuff.

Caporegime
I don't really get all the hate for BFV; I've spent countless hours, days and weeks playing it; but then given I'm not a huge COD fan I didn't have much choice.
Looking forward to BF6 though; would love a next-gen BF3/BF4 game

The fact it was released far too early, its hacked out the wazoo, zero team balance, zero anti cheat, features were missing from day one and were only relatively recently patched into the game. And they've abandoned it leaving it to the hack brigade. Plenty to hate about it.

Not to mention their entire campaign for advertising for it was a complete wet fart with the stupid look they initially had for the game, the whole "don't like it don't buy it" arrogance and their launch event with them having quotes from people up on a projector screen with them making light of criticisms. They couldn't have had a worse launch if they tried.

It should have been almost impossible to **** up the first pc Battlefield return to ww2 since 2002 but dice ****** it up massively, to an extent that was unbelievable. No russians no stalingrad, no market garden, no omaha, all the hallmarks of a ww2 game totally MIA.

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

Worrying things ...

It is coming very soon. So is not a new engine change and of course it will carry the good things of BF 1 and BF V

It will support PS4 and LastBox - so is not very new and of course it will have to run on mostly the same spec BF V did - so is not a "new gen" game.
Hate the terms of next gen etc as the vast majority of gaming is just on repeat reboot mode until we are all on 8K textures at 100fps.
The mechanics the roots have not changed for 15 years! A few nods and exceptions to wonderful independent studios.

EA and their need to sell cosmetics and battle coins will still be involved.
EA are still involved,
And more EA.

128 player maps I think people will hate as they will require a whole different style of play to beat the MG and sniper choke points. Metro on steroids.
Yet I am intrigued.

"levolution" hmmm

Danger it will be Battlefield Warzone basically with endless weapon unlocks and attachments.

However BF1942 veteran is still hopeful but I have grown very cynical that marketing and numbers are king.

Soldato
OP
Worrying things ...

It is coming very soon. So is not a new engine change and of course it will carry the good things of BF 1 and BF V

It will support PS4 and LastBox - so is not very new and of course it will have to run on mostly the same spec BF V did - so is not a "new gen" game.
Hate the terms of next gen etc as the vast majority of gaming is just on repeat reboot mode until we are all on 8K textures at 100fps.
The mechanics the roots have not changed for 15 years! A few nods and exceptions to wonderful independent studios.

EA and their need to sell cosmetics and battle coins will still be involved.
EA are still involved,
And more EA.

128 player maps I think people will hate as they will require a whole different style of play to beat the MG and sniper choke points. Metro on steroids.
Yet I am intrigued.

"levolution" hmmm

Danger it will be Battlefield Warzone basically with endless weapon unlocks and attachments.

However BF1942 veteran is still hopeful but I have grown very cynical that marketing and numbers are king.
cod warzone has 120 players right and it works well

Back
Top Bottom