*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
My concern for BF6 is with them making "Never seen before open scale warfare" with possible 100+ players in one server is that they will introduce bots to populate the server!

Also another huge concern they need to address,Cheaters!..BF4 is rife with them atm and nothing is been done about it, I've reported several just this week who were blatant wall hacking..Punkbuster anti cheat isn't enough.

Caporegime
My concern for BF6 is with them making "Never seen before open scale warfare" with possible 100+ players in one server is that they will introduce bots to populate the server!

Also another huge concern they need to address,Cheaters!..BF4 is rife with them atm and nothing is been done about it, I've reported several just this week who were blatant wall hacking..Punkbuster anti cheat isn't enough.
Another reason why server rental and control is better as you can get a good group of mods that can kick and ban cheaters. With centralised servers that’s not possible so cheaters run riot.

Caporegime

Dice\EA are pathetic for anticheat, BF4 was the last BF game to include one, from BF1 onwards it was a dumb report system that for the most part seems to do nothing.

If this is yet another frostbite iteration it'll be the same story, hacks working before its even released, same legacy bugs etc. Bad Company 2 had working hacks in the "beta" so it seems like this engine is a dream for people to release hacks for. =/

Associate
I spent many a weekend sifting through PB screenshots identifying cheaters and IP / GUID banning them from our BF3 and BF4 servers and also looking at bans and unbanning those unfairly banned by the auro-cheat system. Its hard work trying to manage a server to create something that player keep coming back (as its our money renting the server so you want a popular populated server). Our BF3 and BF4 servers were one of the most popular in EU, during the heyday of BF3 and BF4, because of the time all the admins took to do that, sadly we decided to stop when BF1 came out (our community saw the writing on the wall for third party RSPs and the ability to micro manage the servers as we did).

Balancing is the other gripe players had. There are so many auto-balancers and whichever one you use there was always players that complained. We ended up using a simple balancer based on skill and then manually balancing the game as it went. Professional players also killed our servers. So many times I'd see player count vanish when a pro player was crushing the average player. Balancing sucks on BFV (well there isn't any, lol).

These popular Youtube and Twitch streamers crying "badmin" killed the BF community (for me at least).

I doubt EA will reverse the decision to bring back third party RSP, they'll stick with preferred in-game server suppliers using sub-par hardware to host the game. My experience in BFV are the servers have been pretty bad for me performance wise and so many cheaters (last weekend I had a cheater on the opposing team one round and a different cheater on our team the next).

I'll end up getting BF6, I know I will, I'll have to live with the crappy server connections. Why? Like last night, I get the occasional game where I end up in a decent squad that PTFO, revive, call out enemies and generally helped. Good games, fun games - even if I was rubber banding all over the place - it reminded my of the late night games I had with the old community on BFBC2, BF3 and BF4.

I miss those games.

Caporegime
I spent many a weekend sifting through PB screenshots identifying cheaters and IP / GUID banning them from our BF3 and BF4 servers and also looking at bans and unbanning those unfairly banned by the auro-cheat system. Its hard work trying to manage a server to create something that player keep coming back (as its our money renting the server so you want a popular populated server). Our BF3 and BF4 servers were one of the most popular in EU, during the heyday of BF3 and BF4, because of the time all the admins took to do that, sadly we decided to stop when BF1 came out (our community saw the writing on the wall for third party RSPs and the ability to micro manage the servers as we did).

Balancing is the other gripe players had. There are so many auto-balancers and whichever one you use there was always players that complained. We ended up using a simple balancer based on skill and then manually balancing the game as it went. Professional players also killed our servers. So many times I'd see player count vanish when a pro player was crushing the average player. Balancing sucks on BFV (well there isn't any, lol).

These popular Youtube and Twitch streamers crying "badmin" killed the BF community (for me at least).

I doubt EA will reverse the decision to bring back third party RSP, they'll stick with preferred in-game server suppliers using sub-par hardware to host the game. My experience in BFV are the servers have been pretty bad for me performance wise and so many cheaters (last weekend I had a cheater on the opposing team one round and a different cheater on our team the next).

I'll end up getting BF6, I know I will, I'll have to live with the crappy server connections. Why? Like last night, I get the occasional game where I end up in a decent squad that PTFO, revive, call out enemies and generally helped. Good games, fun games - even if I was rubber banding all over the place - it reminded my of the late night games I had with the old community on BFBC2, BF3 and BF4.

I miss those games.
I can remember five or six of us all rocking up onto a BF4 server and locking out the top six slots and rolling the server. Some of us ended up removing clan tags so it wasn't so obvious as some Server admins didn't like it! Being on Voice comms and rolling together in vehicles made for some great, if slightly one-sided games!

Associate
I can remember five or six of us all rocking up onto a BF4 server and locking out the top six slots and rolling the server. Some of us ended up removing clan tags so it wasn't so obvious as some Server admins didn't like it! Being on Voice comms and rolling together in vehicles made for some great, if slightly one-sided games!

Interestingly, clan tags helped us to balance squads (balancing a high level player to a losing team (we never did it if the ticket count was too low) without clan tags when they're playing with friends almost always gave us grief). We hated seeing too many clan tags in a match, but we often let it play out. If it became too much of a problem we'd usually engage in a leader discussion and kindly asked them not to keep killing the server. Mostly they would comply, on the odd occasion we'd have to temp ban (and perma ben if they kept coming back).

I used to think at the time server admining was a thankless job and it often (frankly) killed the enjoyment of the game - looking back I'd happily go back and do it all again, with a big smile on my face while doing it!

Underboss

Not to mention the days we had 10-12 pub stomping on a Friday night.

[TOGA] hated me

Caporegime
Not to mention the days we had 10-12 pub stomping on a Friday night.

[TOGA] hated me

Those were the days :(

Remember the amount of trolling fun we had with all the different nexus-bot names, "sorry but which nexus-bot are you talking too? nexus-bot.v1, nexus-bot.v2, nexus-bot.v3 etc.?" :D Then when we had all the youtuber names and profiles, the lols were great.

The chatbox was a game in itself! :D

Soldato
Looking forward to BF6 I’ve got fond memories of bowling round maps with loads of my mates, not played it in years (Warzone now) just built a half decent gaming machine so can’t wait for this to be released!

Back
Top Bottom