Associate
Good idea but meh - bf1
Reskin of previous game but actually better - BF4
Really Broken - bf5
Suprise! it's actually fun! - bc2
A Classic - bf2
Complete meh - hardline
Not bad - bf3

They have actually fixed bf5 now. It's still brutal to new players who haven't unlocked gun perks yet, but once you've done that its one of the better titles.

Associate
They have actually fixed bf5 now. It's still brutal to new players who haven't unlocked gun perks yet, but once you've done that its one of the better titles.
Well, apart from the rampant hacking that is. And the servers going down over a bank holiday and no one at Dice being bothered about it. And the total lack of balancing. And the UI still being useless for round progress indication. But the Capt Cod skin is nice.

Soldato
i play bf to play bf the last thing id personally like in bf is battle royal thats what made bf5 ****. they listened to streamers big youtubers and the trend of what was going on and made probably one of the worst bf games in history.

just be battlefield.
Why not have both like COD MW, but allow the Battle Royale option for people who have purchased the game only

Caporegime
I think the BR was farmed out to another studio completely so DICE Stockholm can work on the main game exclusively. Some rumours of no campaign mode either which is OK by me. I played them and they were decent but not great or amazing.

Associate
Well, apart from the rampant hacking that is. And the servers going down over a bank holiday and no one at Dice being bothered about it. And the total lack of balancing. And the UI still being useless for round progress indication. But the Capt Cod skin is nice.
This is applicable to every battlefield game ever made. The best one bf:bc2 has an unbelievably bad UI (the server list launches in a web browser now :confused:), the carl gustaf was the most OP weapon since the golden gun in golden eye, server latency was always a joke and of course a few hackers too.

I have rose tinted glasses for a lot of them, none of them were particularly polished games but i loved them a lot.

Last edited:
Caporegime
This is applicable to every battlefield game ever made. The best one bf:bc2 has an unbelievably bad UI (the server list launches in a web browser now :confused:), the carl gustaf was the most OP weapon since the golden gun in golden eye, server latency was always a joke and of course a few hackers too.

I have rose tinted glasses for a lot them, none of them were particularly polished games but i loved them a lot.
2142 is very underrated for me. It was my favourite and I wish they’d do a remake. They wouldn’t even need to change anything, just update the graphics.

Soldato

sure, its just they completely squandered almost the entire release cycle of the game to get to a point that would have been good at release
I'm sure they lost a lot of players / potential players in the process

too many modes / ideas etc. at the start then do everything badly rather than focus on the core game, make it good then add to it later

Underboss
I did the playtesting for BR in BFV, it was a shambles then (6 months before release) and not surprising now that it didn't do well.

Should be okay saying that now, the NDR was time limited.

Soldato
2142 is very underrated for me. It was my favourite and I wish they’d do a remake. They wouldn’t even need to change anything, just update the graphics.
Yep, my favourite of the bunch. I'd love for a similar setting.I mean, without the dolphin diving and awful knife hitreg

Associate
Well I'm hoping for a return to modern day without BR but no doubt they'll jump on the bandwagon, although what I really want is BC3!

I'm exactly the same. Would love BC3 but don't expect that in the slightest, so would then be shooting for a modern BF. Nothing crazy, just normal!

Also, I might just be getting old (might? Hmm...!) but the BF of old was a slower game. Ok there was always Karkand, or Metro, or Locker, but the other maps were generally a tad slower. Now it all seems about speed - CoD style. I just prefer the older pace

Soldato
When people say they want a new bad company, what does that mean exactly. all i remember from it was getting frustrated by the nade, and tiny maps and constant out of bounds warnings

the thing I liked about BC2 was that you were not constantly getting shot in the back, there was always a "front line" that moved back and forward and people would get through if they worked together / pushed hard to break though the lines
it felt more realistic and lead to better matches IMHO

its more fun than the ABCDE flag zerging

Soldato
Sounds like you're describing conquest vs rush?

I miss the proper building destruction, the laser tag, atacama desert... maybe it's rose tinted glasses.

Soldato
Sounds like you're describing conquest vs rush?

I miss the proper building destruction, the laser tag, atacama desert... maybe it's rose tinted glasses.

Not really, just that maps were poorly design with a lot of bottlenecks or just small (even in Conquest), so the action got all together at a single point.

The best for me, by far, was BF2: better, larger maps, more classes, better commanding ladder, etc. Problems were with nade spamming and Dolphin diving.

Associate
Not really, just that maps were poorly design with a lot of bottlenecks or just small (even in Conquest), so the action got all together at a single point.

The best for me, by far, was BF2: better, larger maps, more classes, better commanding ladder, etc. Problems were with nade spamming and Dolphin diving.

I forgot about dolphin diving! And yeah, the commander mode was cool - when it worked, it really worked.

If they can find their way back to the game play of BF2 and BF3 I will buy it. Those were the pinnacle for me. Since then its been a steady decline.

Amen

Associate
the thing I liked about BC2 was that you were not constantly getting shot in the back, there was always a "front line" that moved back and forward and people would get through if they worked together / pushed hard to break though the lines
it felt more realistic and lead to better matches IMHO

its more fun than the ABCDE flag zerging

i agree with the flag zerging its stupid, although i played conquest the most, but i feel its not hard to fix conquest. having been a joint ops player playing advance and secure has been the best mode i played and yet no other game i have played has used it.

Back
Top Bottom