*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
1942 wasn't, if i recall correct it had like a 15mb day 1 patch and that was it. :D

My 100% favourite BF game. Easily the best and most balanced one for me. Lovely huge maps, very limited weaponry, hardly any customisation at all, hardly any game modes, virtually no UI, but absolutely sparkling gameplay. Ahhh, to be young again :D

Caporegime
The moment I spawned in to an airborne jet, I knew this game was dead to me.

I honestly don't get this aircraft already in the air gimmick, is it so hard to spawn you inside one on a runway so you can take off yourself? I get that it's to stop spawn camping but surely that area could be made out of bounds to enemies aircraft?

Associate
I honestly don't get this aircraft already in the air gimmick, is it so hard to spawn you inside one on a runway so you can take off yourself? I get that it's to stop spawn camping but surely that area could be made out of bounds to enemies aircraft?

It may have something to do with what some of us did during the BF2 days on a map called Fushi Pass. We would enter the enemy uncap with a full squad and hide the squad leader. We would have (cant remember classes back then) but a medic, ammo dude and a C4 dude. We would then hide the squad leader up in the hills so we could respawn.

THE OBJECTIVE -

to place as much C4 on the enemy air vehicles without the enemy seeing then we would run away and wait for enemy pilots to run over and jump in..

We would just sit there, let them get a fair distance away then BOOOOM C4 would be detonated. Extremely childish and unsportsmanlike but it was soooo funny back then. Ah the days of being able to sneak in enemy uncaps on foot

It wasn't just that, pilots could easily camp enemy vehicles still on the runways in uncaps... personally that was part of the game but it caused a lot of salt.

Man of Honour
The moment I spawned in to an airborne jet, I knew this game was dead to me.

I don't know how the devs don't understand or maybe they just don't care that stuff like that just loses the Battlefield feel and why people would play it over some of the alternatives.

Caporegime
It may have something to do with what some of us did during the BF2 days on a map called Fushi Pass. We would enter the enemy uncap with a full squad and hide the squad leader. We would have (cant remember classes back then) but a medic, ammo dude and a C4 dude. We would then hide the squad leader up in the hills so we could respawn.

THE OBJECTIVE -

to place as much C4 on the enemy air vehicles without the enemy seeing then we would run away and wait for enemy pilots to run over and jump in..

We would just sit there, let them get a fair distance away then BOOOOM C4 would be detonated. Extremely childish and unsportsmanlike but it was soooo funny back then. Ah the days of being able to sneak in enemy uncaps on foot

It wasn't just that, pilots could easily camp enemy vehicles still on the runways in uncaps... personally that was part of the game but it caused a lot of salt.

You say that but it adds a certain depth to the game as what you have done has gained your side air superiority. It is up to the enemy faction to track down and kill your squad to allow planes to take off again.

It is the same as vehicles spawning when a flag is capped. You could as single/double squad steal a tank from a flag that was capped by a bigger squad. In turn you could potentially turn it around and kill the people on the flag and recap depending on skill. It has just been dumbed down more and more over the years.

Associate
Really enjoyed the beta, for me its much better than the last 2 battlefields and a defo buy for me.....its 100% better than the new cod thats coming out thats for sure lol

Soldato
Really enjoyed the beta, for me its much better than the last 2 battlefields and a defo buy for me.....its 100% better than the new cod thats coming out thats for sure lol

It was a 100% buy for me until I played and that changed and I cancelled my pre-order.

Interesting comparison with the new COD beta though, I played that the day it came out I hated it and was 100% not buying. There were a load of things that annoyed me from the the constant talking, the spawning, couldn't see anything when you were shooting etc. By the next day the Beta had been updated and a lot of the things that I had issues with had been addressed and the developers had acted on feedback instantly. By the end of the Beta I had pre-ordered it, sure there were things left to sort out but there was hope.

The BF beta on the other hand was as bad on day one as it was on the final day, nothing from the Devs other than it's an old build excuse. There is next to no chance this will be any better on release there's too many core bits that just don't work, it may be OK in 6 months time when the player base has already given up. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Caporegime
I don't know how the devs don't understand or maybe they just don't care that stuff like that just loses the Battlefield feel and why people would play it over some of the alternatives.
A runway takes up a lot of space on the map and how realistic is it for two airstrips to be only a couple of miles from each other? Some maps in BF2 managed it with an aircraft carrier but again realistically this would be 100 miles or more from any fighting.

Associate
You say that but it adds a certain depth to the game as what you have done has gained your side air superiority. It is up to the enemy faction to track down and kill your squad to allow planes to take off again.

It is the same as vehicles spawning when a flag is capped. You could as single/double squad steal a tank from a flag that was capped by a bigger squad. In turn you could potentially turn it around and kill the people on the flag and recap depending on skill. It has just been dumbed down more and more over the years.

If you had read it fully you would have seen the last bit where I said it was part of the game for me, it was others that would get salty about it..

I actually miss all that, as I said it was part of the game…

Man of Honour
A runway takes up a lot of space on the map and how realistic is it for two airstrips to be only a couple of miles from each other? Some maps in BF2 managed it with an aircraft carrier but again realistically this would be 100 miles or more from any fighting.

There is always going to have to be some give when it comes to realism - the jet fighting and air to ground use of aircraft in BF4 for instance is highly unrealistic.

Man of Honour
True enough, realism is never high on the agenda for DICE!

I have never enjoyed games which went too over the top trying to be realistic or simulation - too much just doesn't convey over from the real world with the same level of connectedness you have physically in the real world i.e. games where you need to literally go through several motions and multiple key presses just to throw a grenade.

Back
Top Bottom