*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
I enjoyed a few hours last night.. I really want to give Vanilla more of a go today however what I was really sucked into last night was Portal

Playing BF3 / BC2 it feels a really generous package to be honest..

I would absolutely love to see some old BF2 maps come through but I'm not overly hopeful.. Gulf Oman / Karkand etc would be amazing.
Gulf of Oman would be amazing; that was my first memory of Battlefield (I never played BF1942 at the time!)

Soldato
Gulf of Oman would be amazing; that was my first memory of Battlefield (I never played BF1942 at the time!)

I played a small amount of 1942 so not many memories of that however the standout BF memory for me is Oman back in 2005.. it was the demo of BF2 and playing that for the first time is one of my all time favourite nostalgia gaming times.

Caporegime
No crashes, then I throw a grenade....... DEVICE HUNG, CTD, NVIDIA DRIVER ERROR blah blah
No crashes, I accidently press F5, DEVICE HUNG, CTD, NVIDIA DRIVER blah blah
No crashes, I press TAB to see scores of my team, DEVICE HUNG, NVIDIA DRIVER, CTD

:mad:

Caporegime
No crashes, then I throw a grenade....... DEVICE HUNG, CTD, NVIDIA DRIVER ERROR blah blah
No crashes, I press TAB to see scores of my team, DEVICE HUNG, NVIDIA DRIVER, CTD

if the game has a shader cache or something maybe it's become corrupt

Man of Honour
so no overall stats for this game, e.g kills/deaths, specific weapon kills,vehicles, accuracy etc? just badges and rank?

It shows you your own tally of those at the end of a match or do you mean a complete total of your stats , all matches combined? , not seen anything like that yet. Probably some third party site will track that though, that normally seems to happen with FPS games

Associate
It feels like the main goal was to make something big with lots of players and forget about the actual game. Map design is terrible and just don't work well on certain modes, game mode choice is terrible, very limited guns, hit detection is a mess especially in portal, no traditional score board as they wanted to move away from it being about kills yet most things are unlocked with kils..

I'm struggling to enjoy 2042 for many of these reasons too.

I don't think 128 players makes the game better, in fact I think it throws off a ton of the map/vehicle/infantry balance. The games I've played have descended into 3-4 small TDM areas for infantry with the rest of the map is a wasteland of chopper/tank kill farming.

I'm going to try some portal and hopefully get some good BC2 matches :)

Man of Honour

Wow...thats nasty. Its going to take the devs a while to figure this out I reckon. Look at the disparity from one user to the next, you had that much crashing, I did 5 hours and 19 mins last night and didnt crash once. With that sort of a wide difference from one user to the next, the devs will have their work cut out for them narrowing down the causes.

Soldato
Wow...thats nasty. Its going to take the devs a while to figure this out I reckon. Look at the disparity from one user to the next, you had that much crashing, I did 5 hours and 19 mins last night and didnt crash once. With that sort of a wide difference from one user to the next, the devs will have their work cut out for them narrowing down the causes.
i think its all down to RTX, i gamed for 8 hours no crashing put RTX on crashed in first round (stock card/cpu settings)

Associate
not sure if its just me or what like a idiot i paid £99 for the game and only played for a couple of hours in the time of playing when i jump out of the heli onto the top buildings i always seems to get stuck in the roofs,other game play seems so buggy in all aspect.yet again ea/dice etc released a game not fit for purpose.but am glad am getting my money back.

not sure this is allowed but read https://gamingintel.com/battlefield-2042-fans-requesting-refunds-broken-launch/

Back
Top Bottom