*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
i think its all down to RTX, i gamed for 8 hours no crashing put RTX on crashed in first round (stock card/cpu settings)

Maybe, I dont have an RTX capable card and have had no crashes in over 5 hours of play but the curse of PC gaming is that there are so many different combinations of hardware and software that it could be any number of combinations causing the problem. I wouldnt want to be a PC dev these days, must be a nightmare trying to deal with the thousands of different possible setups that people have. I think thats probably the biggest strength of console gaming, the uniformity.

Soldato
The revive bug needs fixing ASAP.

Servers seem to be settling down a bit..had three full matches in a row without issue or CTD.

The lack of teamwork, or squad leaders at least attempting to organise things, is alarming.

Excellent otherwise!!

Caporegime
Maybe, I dont have an RTX capable card and have had no crashes in over 5 hours of play but the curse of PC gaming is that there are so many different combinations of hardware and software that it could be any number of combinations causing the problem. I wouldnt want to be a PC dev these days, must be a nightmare trying to deal with the thousands of different possible setups that people have. I think thats probably the biggest strength of console gaming, the uniformity.
I’m sure there are people out there with some Chinese motherboard, some no name DDR and some rebadged, bodged hard drive with two year old video drivers as they’re the only ones that work. Or a i5 4690 and a 3080 or a 5950x and a GTX960 all trying to play. Direct X helped massively but it’s still a minefield.

Associate
Does this feel as good as battlefield did in the older days? I loved Bad Company 1 & 2, i hope the destruction of buildings etc is still as good.
No nothing like it, it's a million miles away for the worse.
The sound spatial is kinda weird, i can hear footsteps very easily but incoming bullets and explosions are all over the place. Using 3d surround headphones.
Sometimes you don't get a feeling when your vehicle gets hit by a tank shell, when you get fired at by the littlebird's rockets you rubber band all over the place and cannot escape.
Loads of weird **** happens

Soldato
so got put in a squad the entire squad just sat in base cannot find a wauy to switch squad at...

and how do you modify your weapons only got it too work ONCE?

i click attachment click confirm & it resets back to default

Associate
Well at least one of my friends has chopped it this turned up in our discord chat

would be following him but have it on play plus from my short trip to see Borat and the kids are playing other games so only cost £40

unknown.png

Man of Honour
My friends and I had a conversation last night about "big name" titles and gamers opinions on them when they came out. We struggled to think of any "big" titles in recent times that weren't riddled with bad opinions at release. BF2042, Cyberpunk, Civ 6, Assassins Creed Valhalla, Far Cry 6, Division 2, New World, Call of Duty, Resident Evil, Baldurs Gate 3 EA, all had considerable bad feedback...even Elden Ring is getting slammed at the moment by gamers for its graphics. What was the last big title to be universally liked? We really struggled to think of one last night. It does seem like all of the most widely liked/rated games of recent times have been indie/small dev house games. I wonder if thats always been the case and its rose tinted glasses or whether its indicative of something on a larger , more recent, scale

Soldato
put it closest to the gun
that kindda makes no sense, i click attachment select the one i want & click confirm thats it JOB done in imho why do i need a 3rd menu system i had to manage?
still dont work for me though it just resets the attachment back

BRING BACK THE OLD UI

Soldato
My friends and I had a conversation last night about "big name" titles and gamers opinions on them when they came out. We struggled to think of any "big" titles in recent times that weren't riddled with bad opinions at release. BF2042, Cyberpunk, Civ 6, Assassins Creed Valhalla, Far Cry 6, Division 2, New World, Call of Duty, Resident Evil, Baldurs Gate 3 EA, all had considerable bad feedback...even Elden Ring is getting slammed at the moment by gamers for its graphics. What was the last big title to be universally liked? We really struggled to think of one last night. It does seem like all of the most widely liked/rated games of recent times have been indie/small dev house games. I wonder if thats always been the case and its rose tinted glasses or whether its indicative of something on a larger , more recent, scale
Witcher 3 was loved but was pretty terrible at launch for 3 months?

Soldato

A good point. There will be haters for games no matter what they did with BF this time round. Of course, those that take it so personally often have the biggest mouths and fill up forums, social media and so on.

"It's the worst game EVER made because it's not exactly how I wanted it to be".

Back
Top Bottom