*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
I call lies on this.

I have the same CPU and GPU as u and this game runs withotu breaking a sweat at 4k res ultra, no DLSS enabled too.!!!

I'll be brutally 100% honest.

Myself and 3 friends (I have a 3960x and 3090) one friend has a 5900x and a 3090, the other a 5900x and a 3070, all three of us are getting terrible performance. I'm on 4k, the other two are playing 1440, it doesn't make any difference.

We're all using the latest drivers, we all play BF5 at 120-130fps on ultra, we all have zero issues with our rigs, or playing other games, we're all on good internet connections.

My FPS is 55-65 but the 99% FPS is dipping as low as 35 on 4k/low or 1440/low, changing the settings from low - ultra doesn't really make any difference to anything.

If you have any suggestions i'll gladly try them!!

Man of Honour
That was great until he started talking.

Some valid issues raised in that video but I did love that the first thing he brought up was the missing individual scoreboard, another salty sweaty who is miffed that he cant show off his uber K/D , oh sure sure..he mentions its because he wants to compare how well he is doing against his teammates but we're not all naive, we all know that its probably 20% of people who want the scoreboard to make a judgement on how well they played and 80% of people who just want to show off their "scores" :D

Associate
Someone mentioned similar in another post on here but I am struggling to notice any kind of difference when adjusting the graphics settings although I'm not using an FPS counter.
It seemed to be the same in the beta and almost feels like changing the settings makes no difference which is odd.
This is playing at 4K on a 5900X and 3080 so I might try it on another monitor just to see if performance improves significantly at 1080P.

I wanted to like this but it feels very disjointed and unfinished and as someone on here said it looks and plays like a knock off version of Battlefield.

COD comes in for a hammering on here but at least when MW 2019 was released it wasn't a buggy mess like this and appeared to be a polished product.
Fingers and toes crossed for the day 1 patch as it will need to be a world beater to revive this for me.

Soldato
I call lies on this.

I have the same CPU and GPU as u and this game runs withotu breaking a sweat at 4k res ultra, no DLSS enabled too.!!!!

A lot of people are having performance issues regardles of hardware.

seen a lot of issues were people installed it on W10 & upgraded to W11 but the direct libraries in BF has not updated the libraries if you upgraded to W11, fix is incoming apparently...

also seen lot of people have issues with less than 16Gb of ram

also
portal vs standard quick browse give difference perf portal drops my fps by 20FPS

i get 100fps normally put portal i get 80-90

but yeh few issues that need to be worked out

Soldato
Some valid issues raised in that video but I did love that the first thing he brought up was the missing individual scoreboard, another salty sweaty who is miffed that he cant show off his uber K/D , oh sure sure..he mentions its because he wants to compare how well he is doing against his teammates but we're not all naive, we all know that its probably 20% of people who want the scoreboard to make a judgement on how well they played and 80% of people who just want to show off their "scores" :D
I'm sure he does I was just enjoying the glitches too much to hear another youtuber blather about the obvious. However, I love the no scoreboard thing but I doubt it'll stay that way.

Associate
I call lies on this.

I have the same CPU and GPU as u and this game runs withotu breaking a sweat at 4k res ultra, no DLSS enabled too.!!!!

My partner and I both game at 3400x1440. Both of us are running the game at medium settings. I have a 5900X+3080Ti, she has a 5600X + 2070S. We get practically the same FPS. The game performance is broken. It might run fine for you but it's certainly not right.

Associate
Tbf Im expecting a new NVIDIA driver release at the end of the week, as the last driver had been updated for the Early Release of BF2042. So more than likely the new driver will sort out a lot of performance problems (hopefully).

Soldato
My partner and I both game at 3400x1440. Both of us are running the game at medium settings. I have a 5900X+3080Ti, she has a 5600X + 2070S. We get practically the same FPS. The game performance is broken. It might run fine for you but it's certainly not right.

Yep.

My friend upgraded from a 2060 super to a 3070 on Sunday and noticed zero difference in his FPS in BF2042. Yet in BF5 his FPS has gone from like 60-70 to 110-130.

Associate
I'll be brutally 100% honest.

Myself and 3 friends (I have a 3960x and 3090) one friend has a 5900x and a 3090, the other a 5900x and a 3070, all three of us are getting terrible performance. I'm on 4k, the other two are playing 1440, it doesn't make any difference.

We're all using the latest drivers, we all play BF5 at 120-130fps on ultra, we all have zero issues with our rigs, or playing other games, we're all on good internet connections.

My FPS is 55-65 but the 99% FPS is dipping as low as 35 on 4k/low or 1440/low, changing the settings from low - ultra doesn't really make any difference to anything.

If you have any suggestions i'll gladly try them!!

Roll back to previous drivers, gave me a very good fps boost.

8600K @4.5ghz 1080TI locked fps to 90 fps and it never budges from there @ 1440P

Man of Honour
What did he say that was wrong? Nothing.

:cry: This guys enjoying himself.

In years to come that will be shown as an example of what makes BF games BF games. Sort of like jeeps laden with explosives flying 2km in the air, people bailing out of planes and rpg'ing another plane and then getting back into their plane and the much used ramming a tiger tank at full speed in a jeep and blowing the tiger tank up in BF1942. Never underestimate the players abilities to find ways to use vehicles in a way that was never intended :D

bJN

bJN

Soldato
The performance issues certainly seem to be weird. The first couple of games I had it wasn't great, and one ended up locking my entire PC up. Rebooted and cha GED fan profile on the GPU slightly and it's been great since. 8086k @ 4.8GHz, 16GB RAM and a FE RTX3070 with some very minor OC and it runs pretty much flawlessly with everything set to High, grain, chromatic etc off, vsync off and capped to 120Hz. Sure, there are moments where it slows down, but that's usually due to a huge amount of simultaneous explosions on screen.

Soldato
Roll back to previous drivers, gave me a very good fps boost.

8600K @4.5ghz 1080TI locked fps to 90 fps and it never budges from there @ 1440P

Yeah I just tried that, went to 496.13 and it's made quite a big difference, probably added 20-30fps, there's still a lot of room for improvement - but it's much better.

Soldato
Using win 11?

Seeing as you have the same CPU/GPU as me and you're saying it's fine - what drivers are you on? I downgraded to 472.12 (September drivers) and it's made a big difference, it's still not perfect - but it's a lot better than the current latest ones Geforce Experience asks you to download.

Just curious which driver version you're on,

Back
Top Bottom