*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Most of the team that even made BF3 & 4 have left. Some of the stories about the micromanagement and decisions made by Senior staff boggle the mind. Everything is surveys and marketing directing development.

I can very well imagine. This will be down to poor management.

It's a game for a games sake. There's zero sense of this as "video game as a piece of art". It's gone the way of many successful franchises - there's nothing at all to suggest it's made for the love of making a good game, it's a paint by numbers game, designed by committee to fill a revenue hole.

It was inevitable really. Perhaps something completely new will come along

Soldato
I can very well imagine. This will be down to poor management.

It's a game for a games sake. There's no sense of this as "video game as a piece of art". It's gone the way of many successful franchises - it's not made for the love of making a good game, it's a paint by numbers game made to fill a revenue hole.

It was inevitable really. Perhaps something completely new will come along
can either see EA milking this for years as game as service constantly adding content (like rainbow) (which is done well might i add) and if that fails put BF series to rest

Soldato
I gave this a "proper" go tonight and can confirm it's one of the worst releases I've ever seen. It feels like an alpha F2P shooter atm. Might be playable after about 10+ patches.

Step 1: Redo the entire UI, and support ui size support
Step 2: fix hit registering/spread
step 3: TEST, TEST, TEST
Step 4: Fix balance
Step 5: drop game to £20 to say sorry
Step 6: forgot 2042 maps & release all maps for all portal engine
step 7: work on new maps
step 8: Profit

Soldato
OK...i'm starting to think this game is a big POS. There's no team work, everyone is spamming that PP gun, you can't run 30 secs without being flattened by a hovercraft or bombarded by a chopper. When it plays like a BF game, it's actually good fun...but it doesn't happen very often. Damn it.

There's a great game hiding under all this filth, i'm convinced of it.

Associate
It's so funny, virtually everyone is running PP29 bugged crutch gun and an M5 rocket launcher.

They need to patch this game badly so we have some more diversity of play.

Soldato
Well they need to get the hit markers sorted which are so bad for other weapons like AR guns. As for the game I paid £25 for it and its OK. I only play it as its something different than COD and grinding the battle pass.

Caporegime
I like the game, but also find it infuriating.

Guy with the shield? Apparently he can just run you over.
Hovercrafts, I'd rather they took them out all together now.
Hacking? Wtf does it do? It doesn't give you XP as far as I can tell.

Sometimes I really enjoy it, top squad earlier and 20 something kills, then the rest of the night was abysmal. Nights like that I wonder why I'm spending time in it as I'm just not enjoying myself.

Soldato
Anybody else feel like no matter where you spawn its always 5 seconds before a hellfire spewing hover craft or helicopter turns up to that very spot?

Associate
Why are they not removing the hovercraft immediately same as they did with the sensor balls.
Unbelievably annoying being absolutely destroyed by a glorified Henry hoover which seems to be impervious to bullets and missiles.

Soldato
Just to think people were complaining that Age Of Empires 4 was £50 on release yet people will gladly hand over the same money if not more to a publisher that was rated as the worst company in existence to play a broken and buggy mess that BF2042!

Caporegime
Anybody else feel like no matter where you spawn its always 5 seconds before a hellfire spewing hover craft or helicopter turns up to that very spot?

Yes they need to have a lot more infantry vehicles to get to points. It wasn't a problem in BFV. You had plenty of jeeps and stuff. The more stuff people mention the more I rage at the incompetence of this release.

Associate
Brought this game on release as I have all other BF games, played for 5mins and just didn’t click with the feel of the game. Reading this thread and Reddit is just depressing, it’s going to take a lot fix this game and I worry EA/Dice won’t give it the resources it needs.

Back
Top Bottom