*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
I've tried to play this again after the patch it got but always get this after about 5 minutes of play:

My GPU is at stock settings with no overclock and works fine with every other bloody game. Will updating to the newest driver fix this or am I stuck waiting for a proper fix?

I've got a fresh clean install of Windows 11 and running a 5900X with 32GB RAM.
I have a 6900 XT (may or may not make a difference) but my crashing issues were (bizarrely) solved by running the game as administrator. I used to get those errors until I did that.

Associate
I have a 6900 XT (may or may not make a difference) but my crashing issues were (bizarrely) solved by running the game as administrator. I used to get those errors until I did that.

Thanks, I will try that! Getting really annoyed as I stupidly paid extra for the Gold Edition but all I've had is crashing. I've been able to get about 4 hours in at one stage but that's it :mad:

Associate
I've tried the following:
  • Underclocked by 100MHz
  • Ran as Admin
  • Updated to newest Nvidia drivers
  • Repaired and reinstalled the game
Still get crashes :mad: Last thing I am going to try is running the game on low graphical settings.

Soldato
Running it on my Zephrus laptop (Ryzen 9 and 3080) and the performance still sucks, compared to literally everything else - this machine runs BF5 at over 120fps.. 2042 - it's down in the 50s/60s..

Also, the balance issues are now at the state I was worried they'd get to. I've just been using the NTW-50 which was highly effective against vehicles before (because it's an anti-material rifle) but they've now nerfed it, so it takes like twice as many shots to do any damage and it just sucks, better off going back to C4...

I get the impression that with 128 players and all the vehicles, you can't really have anything that stands out as being "good" because the moment you do (like the PP29) everybody uses it and it becomes silly.

I'm of the opinion that there's just too much stuff, too many people, too many vehicles - you can't balance it and make everybody or anybody really happy, the whole thing ends up being 'meh'

Associate
if history is anything to go by they will nerf everything that can touch a heli into the ground after 10 people moan on reddit

Associate
This is what fixed my issues - in the bf directory find launcher.exe right click and run compatibility troubleshooter until the game works. I had no problems after that

Associate
Is it still normal/was it ever normal to be punted back to the server browser/matchmaking after each round?

I was expecting it to cycle to the next round, after the patch….

Soldato
When the map first starts it's super smooth even on the 980 GTX system, but it doesn't take long for the frame rates to tank! Stuttering is pretty bad on the 980 system as the match progresses, while the RTX 2070 super it stutters sometimes. So yeh I think the game does have a memory leak
I wondered how many gpu releases I'd missed to get back to 980:cry:. My bro has a 970, which had the most dodgy marketing ever by nvidia imo.

Soldato
I've tried to play this again after the patch it got but always get this after about 5 minutes of play:

My GPU is at stock settings with no overclock and works fine with every other bloody game. Will updating to the newest driver fix this or am I stuck waiting for a proper fix?

I've got a fresh clean install of Windows 11 and running a 5900X with 32GB RAM.

I had similar. Same GPU..same error. I haven't had a single crash (touchwood!) since a clean Win11 install and minmal drives/software installs after that e.g. didn't install any keyboard/mouse apps, headset apps...kept things simple. Has been running very well since. 496.76 drivers.

Soldato
I've tried the following:
  • Underclocked by 100MHz
  • Ran as Admin
  • Updated to newest Nvidia drivers
  • Repaired and reinstalled the game
Still get crashes :mad: Last thing I am going to try is running the game on low graphical settings.

For awareness of all those who are crashing BF2402 uses lot of AVX instructions so if your crashing try Reducing your CPU clocks/Ram clocks

in other words STRESS test AVX which most Stresstests dont do without a tick box

ne0

ne0

Associate
I just swapped my CPU from a 8700k at 5g to a 12700kf at 5g and I'm getting another 20fps not sure if this is the patch or CPU though as I should be GPU limited.

I've just done the same, it's not installed yet but putting the 9700k in my daughter's PC and gonna be rocking a 12700kf. Hoping to see some decent gains with this game, we'll see!

Soldato
and it gives you no way to have banter with the same people and form a bond

I also hate the way you can't change squads, quite often I end up with a load of bums who want to camp on a hill and do nothing, and I can't get away from it :(

Also, got a weird problem this morning. I was away for a couple of days, got back updated the game it will not launch at all.

Tried repairing, reinstalling, repairing/reinstalling EAC, deleting overclocking tools and Icue etc, tried deleting all the origin caches, tried everything I can think of....

When it launches I get the EAC screen, then it just goes away and the game doesn't start, no error message, nothing. :(

Associate
I also hate the way you can't change squads, quite often I end up with a load of bums who want to camp on a hill and do nothing, and I can't get away from it :(

Also, got a weird problem this morning. I was away for a couple of days, got back updated the game it will not launch at all.

Tried repairing, reinstalling, repairing/reinstalling EAC, deleting overclocking tools and Icue etc, tried deleting all the origin caches, tried everything I can think of....

When it launches I get the EAC screen, then it just goes away and the game doesn't start, no error message, nothing. :(
Squad and players menu , right click your name and confirm squad change. You can't select a squad but it will at least put you in a different one if available. Another backwards step for battlefield.

Back
Top Bottom