*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Must be lucky as havent noticed any problems since the patch, mouse works fine...no crashes...all seems to be working fine, still dosnt change the game for me though, it just dosnt feel like a battlefield game to me.

Might uninstall it as im finding it really depressing... the performance is still utter trash and im not sure if it will ever be sorted, gameplay seems more like cod, everyone running around like headless chickens
on boring maps with no teamplay at all.

Worse battlefield game by a longshot...and i thought battlefield 1 and 5 were bad lol

Soldato
So before the patch I have not had a single crash.. Now after the patch I'm crashing to desktop with a DEV error...

My pc is rock solid and never crashes in anything. So its deffo battlefield.

Soldato
So before the patch I have not had a single crash.. Now after the patch I'm crashing to desktop with a DEV error...

My pc is rock solid and never crashes in anything. So its deffo battlefield.

same, only had an issue with this, and forza 5. Every other game I have played / tested, been solid.

Caporegime
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-franchise-undergoes-major-shake-up/1100-6498521/

The big "shake up" occuring at dice, Vince Zampella of MOHAA, COD, Titanfall and Apex fame is the boss now.

Rebecka Coutaz, the former studio director at Ubisoft Annecy, is taking over for Gabrielson as GM of DICE going forward. Gabrielson is staying on with DICE and EA for the rest of the year to help Coutaz with the transition to the role of GM. Gabrielson said he's leaving to start a "new adventure," but it remains to be seen where he might be headed next.

Although Battlefield 2042 might not have enjoyed the strongest start as it relates to player reception, Miele tells GameSpot that Battlefield 2042 is trending in the right direction already since launch. She said players are responding positively to the changes DICE has made so far, though there remains plenty of negativity online. The newest update, which is the biggest one for Battlefield 2042 to date with more than 150 fixes, went live today, December 2.

"We are lucky we have such passionate fans, and I am confident we will continue to do everything we can to meet their expectations. We believe in 2042 as it is the cornerstone for the future as we begin work to expand the universe," Miele said. "As a whole, we're all-in on Battlefield. It is one of the most important and valuable franchises in the industry. Collectively, we are out to unlock its enormous potential."

The stink of pish is really evident.

Caporegime
Great update.

-Stuttery game play now
-Sound is still horrendous
-When i die my person goes prone like they're aiming

Really good, would buy again. Playing COD BOCW this weekend, screw this travesty :D

Caporegime
Almost unplayable tonight, the game would keep disconnecting my Keyboard and Mouse from the game... Ie I would be running forward and then both controls wouldn't work, then they'd work again. Fine in windows though

Associate
The new guy in charge from Apex said they are not ruling out the game going free to play, "everything is on the table" !

I thought I'd seen it all in 1982 when Margaret Thatcher drove a tank, but Santa ???

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-franchise-undergoes-major-shake-up/1100-6498521/

The big "shake up" occuring at dice, Vince Zampella of MOHAA, COD, Titanfall and Apex fame is the boss now.

The stink of pish is really evident.

"We are lucky we have such passionate fans, and I am confident we will continue to do everything we can to meet their expectations. We believe in 2042 as it is the cornerstone for the future as we begin work to expand the universe," Miele said. "As a whole, we're all-in on Battlefield. It is one of the most important and valuable franchises in the industry. Collectively, we are out to unlock its enormous potential."

Sounds like the same stuff I read about Anthem.

Soldato

Sounds like the same stuff I read about Anthem.

I when he says "potential" we know what potential he's talking about.

Soldato
Played an 80 man gun master last night, 3 kills needed for each weapon, 54 weapons, absolute insanity. Managed to get a top 5 but winning this is near impossible. (at my skill level) :D

Also, seem to be getting an armor ping when I kill some people, the winner of each match (I played 4 times) was always running some sort of armor - which character is this?

I still think the base game is dire, it's only as I have time left on my EA sub for the month i'm putting time into portal modes.

Caporegime
Played an 80 man gun master last night, 3 kills needed for each weapon, 54 weapons, absolute insanity. Managed to get a top 5 but winning this is near impossible. (at my skill level) :D

Also, seem to be getting an armor ping when I kill some people, the winner of each match (I played 4 times) was always running some sort of armor - which character is this?

I still think the base game is dire, it's only as I have time left on my EA sub for the month i'm putting time into portal modes.

Pretty sure you can choose an armour plate rather than say m5?

Back
Top Bottom