*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Have they detailed any plans to work on optimizing the performance of the current game?

Since it's now 2 patches in and no improvements have been made I'd be surprised if they can do anything about it. Although drastic measures would be to drop the player count and compress the map areas drastically.

They could still do a BR and incorporate 128 players and sell their skins in there. Works for Apex and Warzone.

Caporegime

:cry: Not a bit of wonder ea are firing out questionnaires as to find out why people are leaving in droves.

Would explain a lot if true....

Would the explanation not be that millions of people like me on Xbox Gamepass got 10 hours free to play it?

Xbox and PC player alike.

I never bought the game, but would clearly be part of the "70% player base" when it launched.

Soldato
Have they detailed any plans to work on optimizing the performance of the current game?

Since it's now 2 patches in and no improvements have been made I'd be surprised if they can do anything about it. Although drastic measures would be to drop the player count and compress the map areas drastically.

They could still do a BR and incorporate 128 players and sell their skins in there. Works for Apex and Warzone.
First time back in last night, I hadn't played since just before the 1st patch and mine has higher average FPS now.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I still get rubber banding unfortunately, I think the basic gameplay is quite good and I like some of the maps and it has a lot of potential overall, but the netcode needs sorting obviously. I think I will play this a lot though.

Caporegime
I still get rubber banding unfortunately, I think the basic gameplay is quite good and I like some of the maps and it has a lot of potential overall, but the netcode needs sorting obviously. I think I will play this a lot though.
Strange as I’ve generally found the net code, at least in terms of movement in game to be quite good with very little lag or rubber banding.

Caporegime
Executive Producer Aleksander Svendsen Grondal has just left DICE.

Andreas Almström - Audio Director to Embark Studios
Christian Johannesen - Lead Game Designer to Massive Entertainment
Karl-Johan Karlsson - Software Engineer to Avalanche Studios
Gustav Rathsman - Technical Audio Director to Sweet Justice Sound
Ben Minto - Studio Audio Director to Sweet Justice Sound
Andreas Fougner Ezelius - Senior 3D Artist to River End Games
Gustav Embretsen - Lead Lighting Artist to Fall Damage

Battlefield2042 player base has dropped 70% since launch, in addition to its stock also dropping 18% since early access.
Both players and investors are not happy with this game.

https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1466724934688858112

Soldato
I've not suffered from rubber banding, but trying to hit people seems off. Never had the issue with previous bf games though.

I had a lot of this before I uninstalled it last night, I watched a few of the recordings back in slow motion and I think I know what's going on. It looks like theres a difference between where the server thinks a specific player is, vs where the client can physically see the player. Or there's some sort of queue somewhere on the server which is full, (or bug) and it's simply not able to process the hit registration momentarily (maybe due to 128 players)

In some of the videos I can even see the tracer rounds going through the player and the bullet impact in the dust/wall behind directly behind them - with no hits being registered.

Caporegime
Executive Producer Aleksander Svendsen Grondal has just left DICE.

Andreas Almström - Audio Director to Embark Studios
Christian Johannesen - Lead Game Designer to Massive Entertainment
Karl-Johan Karlsson - Software Engineer to Avalanche Studios
Gustav Rathsman - Technical Audio Director to Sweet Justice Sound
Ben Minto - Studio Audio Director to Sweet Justice Sound
Andreas Fougner Ezelius - Senior 3D Artist to River End Games
Gustav Embretsen - Lead Lighting Artist to Fall Damage

Battlefield2042 player base has dropped 70% since launch, in addition to its stock also dropping 18% since early access.
Both players and investors are not happy with this game.

https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1466724934688858112
Some attrition is normal once a game ships but that seems rather a lot of people leaving.

Also many will have used up their ten hours of EA Play and haven’t yet bought a full copy.

Caporegime
Some attrition is normal once a game ships but that seems rather a lot of people leaving.

Also many will have used up their ten hours of EA Play and haven’t yet bought a full copy.

Exactly the point I made.

I played for 6 hours so far and still have 4 hours left.

25 million subscribers+ have Gamepass and all of them would have gotten access to the same 10 hour free trial, whether they were on PC or Xbox.

It was obvious numbers would drop significantly. I think people are making a mountain out of a mole-hill with regards to the drop in players.

Caporegime
Would the explanation not be that millions of people like me on Xbox Gamepass got 10 hours free to play it?

Xbox and PC player alike.

I never bought the game, but would clearly be part of the "70% player base" when it launched.

Dunno, even if that is the case thats a hell of a lot of players that tried it and went "lol uninstall". He's meant to have a video out soon showing his numbers so we'll see what that says.

Soldato
Exactly the point I made.

I played for 6 hours so far and still have 4 hours left.

25 million subscribers+ have Gamepass and all of them would have gotten access to the same 10 hour free trial, whether they were on PC or Xbox.

It was obvious numbers would drop significantly. I think people are making a mountain out of a mole-hill with regards to the drop in players.
The 70% drop comes from steam stats which are not affected by gamepass. That kind of playerbase drop in two weeks for an online fully priced AAA game is simply unprecedented and there is no way to spin it.

Anyway, uninstalled the game with 7 hours remaining on my trial.

Caporegime
The 70% drop comes from steam stats which are not affected by gamepass. That kind of playerbase drop in two weeks for an online fully priced AAA game is simply unprecedented and there is no way to spin it.

Anyway, uninstalled the game with 7 hours remaining on my trial.
Not to mention any key bought from a reseller would be an Origin key not a Steam one.

Back
Top Bottom