*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

V F

V F

Soldato
Ah, I'll check it later. Really curious to see this.

"This is what happens when managers make the games and not the developers."

It's always interesting reading others.

"what everyone should learn from this video. it's not always the best idea to follow the crowd."

"EA used to take new ideas and risks and we got awesome games. But since the Xbox one/ps4 gen, they have gotten complacent and lazy."

"Exactly! Back in the Bad Company 2 days (my first battlefield) people checked the game out because it was DIFFERENT. It offered a new experience from Cod with its team play, vehicles, and destruction. Everything that annoyed me about cod was solved by this game so I switched. As a result BF3 became a hype release further innovating on that existing formula and battlefield became a household name. Not because they did what everyone else did, but because they offered an experience you couldn't get anywhere else."

"Battlefield as we know it historically is gone, now is the time for hero shooters and participation trophies. (RIP Battlefield)"

Last edited:
Soldato
from watching the Video

* Engine issues

My response:
This comes up again & again, WHY would you develop an engine now days when Unity/Unreal/Source all being such Great support & ease of use.

all the time they saved in using FB (if any) Has kicked them in bum. you can do anythuing with Unity/UE/Source

* No consoles to test for WFH
This is a silly reason for issues at WFH, By now EA should have a Remote Accessible Server farm with Xbox/PS5 like specs to test againist. even if the software is not ready Hardware is off the self & easily scalable. we do this at my place of work, we scale up any time of Hardware/OS on the fly for requirements for all the MajoR OS deployments WIN/OSX/linux/Android/IOS

& worse case they should made a deal with Xcloud/playstatioon now to have a Dev evironment to deploy changes

Last edited:

kdd

kdd

Soldato
possibly
We deployed our solution over 2 days with 1 engineer working on it. Now producivity is massive as we schedule builds overnight 1 after the other on any platform 24/7 Testing on any OS
Got to say mods how about we have a BF2042 grief thread and leave this one for people that like the game. This thread is becoming pure spam

Caporegime
Got to say mods how about we have a BF2042 grief thread and leave this one for people that like the game. This thread is becoming pure spam

Every thread has a non related post, it's nothing new.

Played last coupe of nights and enjoyed it, I'm mainly sniping though tbh, everything else doesn't work for me.

I've had to change my config file, out everything in low, turn in Nvidia image scaling and lower my res since the update to make it playable, it's just too jittery otherwise. I really hope they can optimise it some more.

Associate
Well after uninstalling this game a week ago, i watched jackfrags video of him playing rush and thought " what the hell, i will give it one more try" i have only played the main 2042 conquest mode before...sooooo..

installed the game again and jumped into a game of rush...this is much more like it :) the game feels fun in this mode and runs a little better, also tried bf3 conquest for the first time in portal and man was it fun

i had forgotten how good bf3 was and with the new graphics its awesome! im now enjoying this game but its not in the main 2042 game mode unfortunately, everyone was right before, portal is awesome but the
main game is weak, im finally enjoying the game :)

hopefully one day the base 2042 game will catch up and hopefully the performance will get better, for now though i will only be playing portal, at least i can get some fun out of the money i spent lol

guess i should have listened to you all in the beginning and tried portal earlier lol

Associate
So far 26 hours in and honestly i had a far worse time with Battlefield 4 than 2042. That game was far worse upon release than 2042. Battlefield players have short memories and rose tinted specs. Took months to be able to play BF4 properly, yet i sunk over 1000hrs into that game over a few years. Now battlefield 4 is hailed as the pinnacle of the franchise.
Not that i expect mediocrity with games such as Battlefield but the fever pitch screaming from on high about 2042 is mainly just for attention, clicks and views. Report the bugs and glitches to DICE and EA. Help them to improve the game. Or as is the choice of the consumer, dont buy the games, learn your lessons and stick it to the man :D
Warfare is ok. Need some infy only maps though. Portal is where the game is at and hope will be going forward. See you on the Battlefield...

Soldato
I'm really enjoying it to be honest. Got a few minor gripes but nothing major. Been playing Paik with the PKP-BP as her skills seem more suited to to up close than sniping or Falck with the SFAR.

The "Nearby" thing seems to be pretty useless. Been revived a few times now and no one showed within 40 metres.

Loadouts for vehicles keeps resetting including appearance.

The secondary weapon on the tanks seems awful, either mini gun or heavy machine gun barely tickles infantry.

Getting the persistence error quite a bit today.

Caporegime
What *** me off the most about the game is the god awful hitreg ( which they are apparently trying to fix ) and C5's not exploding when you press the trigger under the heat of action! The amount of times I've put bullets into people seeing all the blood coming out and no damage is being taken

Associate
What *** me off the most about the game is the god awful hitreg ( which they are apparently trying to fix ) and C5's not exploding when you press the trigger under the heat of action! The amount of times I've put bullets into people seeing all the blood coming out and no damage is being taken
they are aware of and looking into issues with aiming with a mouse on PC on a first person shooter. But we are supposed to all shut up and have fun :D
the game has issues registering key presses as well , either not registered at all or sometimes on the double.
I jumped on BF4 for a bit , needed a reminder that I can actually aim and shoot and get a kill!
was also refreshing to see the legacy scoreboard

ne0

ne0

Associate
So far 26 hours in and honestly i had a far worse time with Battlefield 4 than 2042. That game was far worse upon release than 2042. Battlefield players have short memories and rose tinted specs. Took months to be able to play BF4 properly, yet i sunk over 1000hrs into that game over a few years. Now battlefield 4 is hailed as the pinnacle of the franchise.
Not that i expect mediocrity with games such as Battlefield but the fever pitch screaming from on high about 2042 is mainly just for attention, clicks and views. Report the bugs and glitches to DICE and EA. Help them to improve the game. Or as is the choice of the consumer, dont buy the games, learn your lessons and stick it to the man :D
Warfare is ok. Need some infy only maps though. Portal is where the game is at and hope will be going forward. See you on the Battlefield...

100% agree with this. I'm really enjoying 2042 and have been from the beta. I distinctly remember BF4 having MAJOR and I mean MAJOR quality issues on launch to the point where I couldn't even play it. The rubber banding was also extreme. People have forgotten how bad some of the previous launches were and I personally think the hate being spewed over BF2042 is kind of ridiculous.

Soldato

My thoughts as well, a Battlefield game needs a good 5 years till it claimed as the greatest, BF4 created internet wars when it was released, people cried for months about how broken it was. Hell I even see people saying 2042 is rubbish back to BFV, the same people that said they wouldn't buy it after the beta or uninstalled it in the first week now claim BFV is an excellent title.

I think the likes of these review bombed games will come back round, Cyberpunk already is, they'll drop an expansion next year and the interwebs will say its a Witcher 3 beater all of a sudden (which again got a fair amount of hate when it came out). 2042 still has a chance people just love to hate it at first or at least they have to be seen to be hating on it.

The final nail in the coffin for 2042 will be them changing the time to kill in the next couple of weeks for the holiday season. That will be funny if they do.

Back
Top Bottom