*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
So the guy who invented battlefield is bringing out a new f2p shooter early next year called Arc Raiders. Few details but unfortunately from what I can see it looks like an Apex Legends rip off

V F

V F

Soldato
So the guy who invented battlefield is bringing out a new f2p shooter early next year called Arc Raiders. Few details but unfortunately from what I can see it looks like an Apex Legends rip off

Oh god, just what we need another Battle Royale. :o

Caporegime
The person who produced codename eagle nice.
Arc Raider sounds like a pve looting game from the title though

Associate
Such a shame the franchise has fallen into this state. Sold their soul to the devil by getting into bed with EA. Leaves a gap in the market for someone else to assume. Here's hoping

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Actually Arc Raiders by the guy who invented Battlefield looks quite good (although its a trailer).

Video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuftkDxjGT4

Looks great, had little interest before BF2042 release but since reading all your posts, I won't even bother with this game unless I get it for free.

Arc Raiders looks great though. I'll probably jump on board with that.

V F

V F

Soldato
Looks great, had little interest before BF2042 release but since reading all your posts, I won't even bother with this game unless I get it for free.

Arc Raiders looks great though. I'll probably jump on board with that.

Indeed it does. Almost future Terminator vibes from it.

Caporegime
Such a shame the franchise has fallen into this state. Sold their soul to the devil by getting into bed with EA. Leaves a gap in the market for someone else to assume. Here's hoping

EA have published every Battlefield game since the original 1942 and they have owned DICE since 2006, at which point most people's favourite games BF hadn't been released, such as Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 etc etc.

Soldato
EA have published every Battlefield game since the original 1942 and they have owned DICE since 2006, at which point most people's favourite games BF hadn't been released, such as Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 etc etc.
I thought that too. EA have published all BF games from memory, since about 2003.
1942 was actually pretty rubbish.
@gazref have you tried Squad? It’s a mix between BF2 and the Arma series.
Fantastic game but does have a higher learning curve than COD & BF

Associate

Silent partners at first? There was a point you could feel a direction shift. From memory BF4 came out undercooked and the newly created offices in LA was responsible for troubleshooting. Beta of bf3 was compelling and 4 was ropey but had something. Did the dude with the glasses bail after 4?

Associate
I thought that too. EA have published all BF games from memory, since about 2003.
1942 was actually pretty rubbish.
@gazref have you tried Squad? It’s a mix between BF2 and the Arma series.
Fantastic game but does have a higher learning curve than COD & BF
I picked up squad this last year bud. Didn't have a great experience tbh. Lacked accessibility imo. Squad leaders wanted me digging fortifications and action was hard to come by. Get booted out of squads if you don't pick the load outs they want etc....

If they can make something like that more accessible and fun for an hour's blast I'm all game. Digging forts, being forced to medic or kicked, running for 10mins to caps and dying without firing a round isn't for me.

Back
Top Bottom