*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
I picked up squad this last year bud. Didn't have a great experience tbh. Lacked accessibility imo. Squad leaders wanted me digging fortifications and action was hard to come by. Get booted out of squads if you don't pick the load outs they want etc....

If they can make something like that more accessible and fun for an hour's blast I'm all game. Digging forts, being forced to medic or kicked, running for 10mins to caps and dying without firing a round isn't for me.
Hell let loose is a wicked game and not as serious as squad, it is ww2 though but a brill game, 1 shot kills most the time, good community etc have you tried it? if not you may like it

Or for a smaller team based game have you tried surgency sandstorm? also great community and very good game, prob my fave game on pc fps wise

Personally i only enjoy rush and portal games on 2042, the main game dosnt really work well with the maps imo

Associate
EA have published every Battlefield game since the original 1942 and they have owned DICE since 2006, at which point most people's favourite games BF hadn't been released, such as Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 etc etc.

before that I dabbled in the bf games

but the only shooter worth its salt was counterstrike its hard to comprehend how popular it used to be

Associate
Hell let loose is a wicked game and not as serious as squad, it is ww2 though but a brill game, 1 shot kills most the time, good community etc have you tried it? if not you may like it

Or for a smaller team based game have you tried surgency sandstorm? also great community and very good game, prob my fave game on pc fps wise

Personally i only enjoy rush and portal games on 2042, the main game dosnt really work well with the maps imo
Insurgency / sandstorm has been my main source of FPS action over last year or 2. Agreed it's a great title. Tactical without being twitchy .

Soldato
before that I dabbled in the bf games

but the only shooter worth its salt was counterstrike its hard to comprehend how popular it used to be

CS is still ridiculously popular.

Man, levelling up tanks/helis is pain when I can only drive one every other round!

Last edited:
Associate
CS is still ridiculously popular.

Man, levelling up tanks/helis is pain when I can only drive one every other round!

bots on breakthrough the best map is the split one desert and hydroponics

cs is still popular now but never been back since I retired left on a high

dont have the reactions or the time to ever go back anything less than walking angel of death would just be soul destroying

V F

V F

Soldato
cs is still popular now but never been back since I retired left on a high

dont have the reactions or the time to ever go back anything less than walking angel of death would just be soul destroying

E-Sports has made a lot of these games super, super sweaty nowadays.

Associate
E-Sports has made a lot of these games super, super sweaty nowadays.

thats how it was constant league and cup games the people I played with did both CPL and Nations cup

but can imagine it is worse now I was never the best league or torny player nerves would get me skill wise I could match anyone outside the top european teams

nerves wise I was a wreck lol

but public server wise I had to stay on regular servers or be banned after a round or two the same went for most of the people I played with

64 player servers tonight so looking forward to

Soldato
104 hours in and I can't seem to get to grips with this anymore.

I'm always on target and get the first shots in however the player always seem to turn around and take me down first, don't get it... even with the same weapon?

Any loadout suggestions for the ARs, I've tried loads of combos?

Associate
104 hours in and I can't seem to get to grips with this anymore.

I'm always on target and get the first shots in however the player always seem to turn around and take me down first, don't get it... even with the same weapon?

Any loadout suggestions for the ARs, I've tried loads of combos?

That sounds more like some kind of latency issue - something I've experienced a lot over the years in FPS games.

Disclaimer: I haven't played BF2042 so might be talking out of my arse.

Edit: Also assuming that your aim is at least reasonable, as obviously missing lots of shots would also have the same result.

Soldato
That sounds more like some kind of latency issue - something I've experienced a lot over the years in FPS games.

Disclaimer: I haven't played BF2042 so might be talking out of my arse.

Edit: Also assuming that your aim is at least reasonable, as obviously missing lots of shots would also have the same result.

Not having any latency issues that I'm aware of and my aim at best is pretty spot on. BFV/BF1 I could pull off decent kill streaks but can't get a rhythm going at all in BF2042. Running a 3060Ti with G-Sync and in-game v-sync is off etc.

Associate
ok the 64 player servers play about the same on my system i5-10400f rx6700 32gb ram

At first I thought this is so much better excellent squad vs squad fights 3rd game in it all turned sour and the next three games became Helicopter farming simulator 2022

3 helicopters each side its a joke shoot one down and there is no reward anouther in back in a blink of the eye

done over 100 hours now and enjoyed a lot of it but the Devs really dont know what they are doing and for the first time I might just chuck it in and play crusader kings for a bit

you can play portal but have no interest in anything outside the main game

the land /air balence is nakered in this game and to be fair vehicle spawn in general is way way to high

Soldato
ok the 64 player servers play about the same on my system i5-10400f rx6700 32gb ram

At first I thought this is so much better excellent squad vs squad fights 3rd game in it all turned sour and the next three games became Helicopter farming simulator 2022

3 helicopters each side its a joke shoot one down and there is no reward anouther in back in a blink of the eye

done over 100 hours now and enjoyed a lot of it but the Devs really dont know what they are doing and for the first time I might just chuck it in and play crusader kings for a bit

you can play portal but have no interest in anything outside the main game

the land /air balence is nakered in this game and to be fair vehicle spawn in general is way way to high

I'm 105 hours in currently and level 84. I'm debating the same... the gun play is still way off for me, just not feeling it like BFV/BF1.

Associate
tweaked the gun play a bit but its not right

I need servers with no helicopters and planes other than maybe the transport and limited tank spawns

everyone I know plays mostly infantry and the ones who did make the move are thinking about quiting

Back
Top Bottom