*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
People who've followed the franchise would agree that BF4 was a mess at launch, however, the fundamentals were absolutely there for a good game.

When you watch that video @DEL 707 posted above, you can see they no longer give one winnet of a **** and the game is lightyears away from being one of the best.

Yeah - but the fundamentals in 2042 aren't far off right? Both the gun play and movement in 2042 is leagues better than BF4 (as it should be considering 2042 is 8 years newer than BF4).

I completely agree that content is sparse, and I do think them delaying the start of the 'seasons' to March is not a good call. The same happened with both BF1 and BFV (not receiving any content until April of the following year after launch) and it definitely means people drop off before coming back.

I have a friend who loves Battlefield but never buys it at launch - always buys the game the summer after it launches as "it's usually not **** by then" as he puts it...

Review was spot on. BF4 needed several updates to fix netcode and performance and bugs.
2042 is worse, because even after fixing the technical side, gameplay is still bad.

What parts of the gameplay don't you enjoy? Not trying to play devil's advocate here - just genuinely trying to gauge what people do/don't enjoy about it.

Soldato
Yeah - but the fundamentals in 2042 aren't far off right? Both the gun play and movement in 2042 is leagues better than BF4 (as it should be considering 2042 is 8 years newer than BF4).

I do not think anything in 2042 is better. The graphics are worse. The gun play is worse the animations and sounds and details are lacking and hitreg seems worse. So to me the gunplay is not leagues better than any BF before it.

Associate
I do not think anything in 2042 is better. The graphics are worse. The gun play is worse the animations and sounds and details are lacking and hitreg seems worse. So to me the gunplay is not leagues better than any BF before it.
Yeah - which is totally fair, everyone is totally entitled to their own opinion.

I really prefer the movement in BF2042 (and BFV) to the previous BF games, I played BF1 the other week and it was a struggle to get used to the different movement. But I know lots of people much prefer that BF1 style of movement so I know it's all personal preference.

Some of the graphics on the weapons - especially with the tier 1 skins - look really nice in 2042. But I whack everything to 'low' on most FPS games I'm playing and I'm also unbelievably colourblind so my judgement on graphics has never been great.

Caporegime
Another poor night of Battlefield 2042!

Throwing a C5 nothing happens
Throwing a C5 pressing the detonate, nothing happens
Falling through the map
Hit Reg issues

Think our team is getting a bit fed up with it, really hoping for a patch soon!

Associate
I had really high expectations for BF2042 and was eagerly looking forward to it, I've played one game since release. EA/Dive are really going to have to pull a rabbit out the hat to turn this one around, the player count has plummeted since release and I can't see how they will draw players back.

Caporegime
giphy.gif

V F

V F

Soldato
Angel does it again!

Some of these game developers today remind me of so many ways of black market salesmen. Scooting around in vans trying to flog you crap. At the same time they seem to assume you're a moron to be duped by them and will keep trying no matter what.

It's an exact carbon copy how Ubisoft and Massive is with The Division franchise. They killed their game but wont fix what their fanbase is complaining and crying out for.

Soldato
You know whats ruined it? The success of battle royale games like PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.

The success of such games made Dice / EA think they needed to change the BF formula to compete and we have ended up with this mess of a game.

Back
Top Bottom